Exciting news from TX DPS!

Thread: Exciting news from TX DPS!

Exciting news from TX DPS!

I took my CHL class on June 13th.. mailed everything in on the 15th.. and now it's only the 28th and the site says my CHL ID is IN THE MAIL!! I'm stoked! Has anyone that lives in Texas ever had such a quick turn around? I was afraid it would take 3-4x as long.
    "...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

Congratulations! Welcome to "the" club!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Mine took from April 1st to June 17th.

May The Eyes of Texas Be Upon You, Congratulations from Arizona
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Lucky you. I sent my stuff in on 06/06 received by dps on 06/09 and im still stuck on "background under review" :(

Congrats, seems like a fast turn around. I'm not from Texas though, so no idea how fast or slow they are?

From the day I applied at the Sheriff's Department in MO, it took 8 days. I was told that my county, it's been taking up to 30 days. I was shocked to get it so quick.
    NRA Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor

congratulation claymanXD
    that is fast...!

TXDPS is doing alot of work to make the process faster.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I can't wait to start carrying everywhere that I can legally do so!

Yes when I renewed my CHL it was fast and no problems, the wife renewed her's also and we were able to do all but the class and shooting on the internet, to include the payment. So easy and seamless, love it and the work DPS is doing shows, three cheers for DPS.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jerneedog View Post
    Congrats, seems like a fast turn around. I'm not from Texas though, so no idea how fast or slow they are?

From the day I applied at the Sheriff's Department in MO, it took 8 days. I was told that my county, it's been taking up to 30 days. I was shocked to get it so quick.

What County is that I am in Joplin in Jasper County?