Maximum Efficiency Permits - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum Efficiency Permits

Facebook Mobile here you can view kentucky and west virginia permits...I have both

3. Hey Tricky

Don't forget to add to the steadfast list, the place from where all our laws flow, Washington DC.

4. Yea I dont even like talking about DC lol. It just leaves me flacid and unsatisfied to even mention. At least they lifted the full state ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Edit: I responded in this manner because all states with reciprocal agreements are on the same list, so many are tied for "most". It is my opinion that AZ does the most to make this happen, and expand the list.

AZ seems to most aggressively expand their reciprocity through my experience. MA, MD, CA, and ME seem steadfast in their opinion that its their way or the highway in their state and refuse to honor any other states permit. Period. If a state is willing, AZ already has them on their list. I also find AZ's firearms laws to be the most fair and balanced while still bestowing some form of education and sense of duty to their citizens regarding firearms. They even encourage other states residents to take a class in AZ and obtain an AZ permit im guessing to spread awareness that safe and practical firearms ownership and carry is not only possible but a reality in some places.
    Not sure why my resident state (Maine) is like this. It's an OC state, and from my experience the CCW permitting process wasn't overly stringent, and the wait time was 2.5 mos. I had to pay $35., provide copies birth certificate, proof of residency, proof of taking a handgun safety course (in my case NRA), agree to mental health background check. Probably they just want to make more $ from non-residents. They just relaxed c.c. rules for state parks here...
    That being said, I don't think I've ever had an open carry encounter/sighting in Maine, except during hunting season.
    Last edited by robfrommaine; 07-02-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    South Carolina is indeed an odd case. It honors no nonresident permits and issues only to residents or people who own land there.

HUH? I live in MO, have a MO permit and travel through SC twice a year and my permit is good there. Missouri is one of the best permits for recp. carry. They do not offer non-resident permits though.
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by doublebarr View Post
    HUH? I live in MO, have a MO permit and travel through SC twice a year and my permit is good there. Missouri is one of the best permits for recp. carry. They do not offer non-resident permits though.
    SC recognizes the MO permit and as you're a MO resident - no problem there. SC also recognizes FL and FL allows non residents to get a FL CCW. If you live in FL you can carry in SC using your FL permit. If you don't live in FL and have a non resident FL permit you can't use that permit to carry in SC (not legally anyway) since they don't recognize non resident permits.

Quote Originally Posted by GTH View Post
    Hey Tricky

Don't forget to add to the steadfast list, the place from where all our laws flow, Washington DC.
    Very True, but let's not forget when it comes to gun control laws they are greatly influenced by kalifornia, messachooseus, mary's land, etc.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Not sure why my resident state (Maine) is like this.

Over the past few years, Maine has been slowly expanding its reciprocity. Maine now recognizes (with formal reciprocity agreements) resident permits from Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Delaware. (Figure out that mix!)

Of the states that honor the permits of some other states but not others, Maine recognizes the fewest (6), while Montana recognizes the most (40).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    ...At least they lifted the full state ban.
    Although D.C. has lifted their ban on possession in the home, it still has a de facto ban on purchasing handguns. There are no FFL's in D.C. and you can't purchase a handgun outside of D.C. without shipping it to a FFL in D.C. Ergo, no one who resides in D.C. can buy a handgun.

(This is being challenged in Lave v. Holder)

Quote Originally Posted by Smity View Post
    Although D.C. has lifted their ban on possession in the home, it still has a de facto ban on purchasing handguns. There are no FFL's in D.C. and you can't purchase a handgun outside of D.C. without shipping it to a FFL in D.C. Ergo, no one who resides in D.C. can buy a handgun.

(This is being challenged in Lave v. Holder)
    I don't understand why anybody would choose to live in DC. Terrible traffic, terrible crime rate, terrible local laws. If I had to live in the DC area at least it would be on the VA side of it. I guess that's beside the point for the Lave v Holder lawsuit but it still shocks me as to why anybody would want to live in the district.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12