Firearms Check - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearms Check

In ohio, your CHL is connected to your registration and driver license

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Is this "Everett" from The Truckers Report forum? Your grammar style is unmistakable, I bet it's you! The "5th" wheel is connecting a 53' trailer, isn't it! Ha.

No worries dude, I've been pulled in for several inspections at scale houses is various states and nobody knew... Or if they did, they didn't care! -wink-

BTW, visit www.TutsWords.com , it's a fun filled journey...
    Last edited by tuts40; 06-29-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: I arrived. I saw. I edited.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

In Texas your Concealed Handgun License is tied to your Texas Drivers License.

So if You get stopped it will show on the officers screen that you are a CHL holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Here in the US your license plate changes every year (unlike in other countries). There is no possibility that your CCW can be connected to your license plate. I have not been pulled over for any reason in this country while driving but hubby has and the policeman asked him for his driver's license and he voluntarily told the police that he has a CCW, police asked where his gun is and he said it was at home and pointed to our rottenweiler as his protection at that time. He has our truck at that time and when he was told that he has no license plate at the back of our truck, he smiled and said "This is Missouri, Officer. We are not required to have one at the back." Rookie went back to his car to talk to the other policeman sitting on the passenger side then came back that my husband is good to go. He thanked my husband for being polite and telling him about his CCW, played with our rottie briefly and went.
    Many (most?) states do not issue new plates annually, they just issue a sticker to attach to the plate to show the registration is current.

Here in NC, your carry permit is tied to both your driver's license, and your vehicle registratioon (plate). In fact, your carry permit number is the same as your driver's license number.

Thanks for all of the replies----in Texas the info. is tied to your license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Here in the US your license plate changes every year (unlike in other countries). There is no possibility that your CCW can be connected to your license plate.
    In Nevada, your CCW permit is tied to your license plate(s).

Quote Originally Posted by bigeking View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies----in Texas the info. is tied to your license plate.
    Same in Nebraska. A buddy of mine got pulled over for no reason other than it was after midnight in a bad section of town (he just got off shift). He handed the cops his DL. They came back after running his info and asked him if he had a CHP (they already knew the answer from running his DL). He told them that he did, and they asked why he did not inform them of that when they stopped him. He informed them that he did not have to inform them if he was not carrying a concealed weapon, which he was not. They hassled him a little, but they let him go. After all, he had done nothing illegal.

In Arizona if you buy a new car, and wish to do so, your same license plate stays with you for life if you so desire. I have had three SUV's since the year 2000 and the same Disability Plates.

As far as I know this is not kalifornia as yes they were considering this possibility years ago to have all gun owners register their firearms through DMV. Well this went over like a lead balloon and never came about for the right to privacy and the amount of money it would have taken to make this happen. Yeah right to privacy my ass, like a gun owner has that, can you tell I hated that state

Your RV in most states is considered your home, and what you legally have in your home is also legal in your RV. But like anything else when planning a vacation chart your trip by friendly and unfriendly gun states, cities and counties. Read their gun control laws and follow the federal laws
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

I haven't "seen" any legally binding legislation so stating, but since my NC Drivers Lic and my CCP have the same number.... I GOTTA believe that it is flagged at the DMV.

A little "Catch 22" Law, since I am legally bound to announce to the nice Officer that I have a CCP and am carrying in the car if I get stopped. (Only happened once so far.... to the mild case of "panic" it caused the officer who stopped me..... seat belt hassle. Would have been funny if the Officer hadn't called for back up for, as he termed it, "a gun problem".)

I politely asked him to call back and rephrase that a bit so his "back up" wouldn't come roaring in loaded for bear. He did. "Back up" Officer and I talked about CC guns and BUGs while the original Officer did the verification. (He actually had the grace to blush!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Oh.... NC..... you keep your same plates for as long as you keep renewing them.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12