Firearms Check
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Check

Question Firearms Check

When traveling, has anybody been stopped for one thing, and because they can tell from your license plate that you are licensed to carry, have they asked if you have a gun with you? If they ask are you also asked to show your gun. The reason I ask is because we will be traveling in several states this summer pulling a 5th wheel trailer, and sometimes the highway patrol likes to pull travel trailers over to see if they have been inspected or if they might be overweight.

Thanks
    Everett

I honestly dont think that your CCW permit information is connected to your License plate, or registration information. I know that New York State where I reside does not Connect the permit too your Auto, and if you have Non-Resident permits for different States they as well do not connect the two. hope this info helps you.Happy Traveling

Never been stopped in my camper for an inspection, but have been stopped in my semi.

Here in the US your license plate changes every year (unlike in other countries). There is no possibility that your CCW can be connected to your license plate. I have not been pulled over for any reason in this country while driving but hubby has and the policeman asked him for his driver's license and he voluntarily told the police that he has a CCW, police asked where his gun is and he said it was at home and pointed to our rottenweiler as his protection at that time. He has our truck at that time and when he was told that he has no license plate at the back of our truck, he smiled and said "This is Missouri, Officer. We are not required to have one at the back." Rookie went back to his car to talk to the other policeman sitting on the passenger side then came back that my husband is good to go. He thanked my husband for being polite and telling him about his CCW, played with our rottie briefly and went.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Here in the US your license plate changes every year (unlike in other countries).
    Are yousure about that? I've had the same Colorado Plates on my Ford since 1999
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Are yousure about that? I've had the same Colorado Plates on my Ford since 1999
    No I wasn't sure about that...I actually forgot to add the phrase ... correct me if I am wrong...Sorry about that...because here in Missouri, the license plates in my MDX, MB and the truck changes every year. I am sure about this one because I asked my husband why.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

8. As a police officer in NYC. I know from experience that when your license plate or even drivers license is run in the computer that your permit whether it be a carry/premise is not connected. Your license plate and drivers license is run through the DMV database of the respective state you are in and the only 2 things I am aware of that is connected to your license plate or drivers license is an order of protection and warrants .
    There is a separate database, if the state even has one, for firearms licenses . Be careful and have fun

Some states do list your CCW along with your plate info.. Florida is NOT one of them..
    I was stopped by a Wildlife officer (for an offense) while on foot. He asked if I was armed.. I said yes, he did take my pistol and ran a check on it before returning it to me.. I have not been stopped in a vehicle since I had my CCW license. In Florida, you do NOT have to declare, but I probably would anyways, just by handing the officer both my license AND permit... It's not required, and there are pluses and minuses in handling it either way...
    BTW - Florida swaps out plates every 5 or 6 years.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

In MO you can have the classification added to your drivers license. It is printed in the upper right corner. Not a good move IMHO. I have a seperate card so that the knucklehead at Wally World doesn't say something stupid if he sees it on the license. Like, "Wow! You carry? Whatcha carry? I like blah, blah, blah!" to the world!

Psalm 82:3-5

11. Mn does show if you have a licence to carry.
    Don't know if they would show it, if your from out of state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast