Have NYS concealed carry, how do I get ohio?

Thread: Have NYS concealed carry, how do I get ohio?

Have NYS concealed carry, how do I get ohio?

Hello,
    I have a NYS concealed carry permit. I was recently told that I could apply for a ohio permit, and it would cover multiple states. Is this true, and how do i apply for this? I have done web searches, and only find florida, and virginia permits. Thank you to all who reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ein View Post
    Hello,
    I have a NYS concealed carry permit. I was recently told that I could apply for a ohio permit, and it would cover multiple states. Is this true, and how do i apply for this? I have done web searches, and only find florida, and virginia permits. Thank you to all who reply.
    It's completely UNtrue.

Ohio doesn't HAVE non-resident licenses. If you're not an Ohio resident, you can't get an Ohio CHL.

Look into Utah or Florida non-resident licenses.

Depending on where in NY you are....there are classes available in Monroe County to get your Utah and/or Florida permit.
    Check out Rochester Personal Defense - SafeInRochester.com, Self Defense Classes, Firearms Training in Rochester New York.
    NYMoose

Thank you

Thank you for the info. I am in Steuben county, but can travel to Monroe for the class. I will pass that on to my friends as well.

Depending on whether or not you need coverage in FL, you could also look into the Arizona permit...it's about 1/2 the cost of FL, gives you almost identical coverage as FL, and your NY permit will suffice for the required training.

Either VA or FL will cover you in Ohio, Looks like you'll get a little more out of the FL permit though.