LC9 Fail - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LC9 Fail

I am not a fan. Ruger hit way below the mark with the LC9. I've talked about why extensively in previous posts so I won't get back into it here. If you want a subcompact 9mm, stick with the Glock 26.

3. Yeah at double the size and an additional 200 bucks

4. I carry the LC9 or the LCP on a daily basis depending on what I'm wearing. No issues with either one.

5. I had my new LC9 for 3 days & 100 rounds later the cheap plastic "takedown plate" won't budge. Ruger paid for shipping it back and I'm a week into waiting. Kind of disappointing for a new gun, but this has been my only complaint in the short time I have owned it.

It's not a target gun so ya don't get a target trigger. I've been practicing with mine like I'm shooting an IDPA match or if I ran up on a gang of bad guys. Double taps are quick once I ran about 100rds thru it and understood the trigger better. I'll be using this gun in up coming matches plus using it as my primary carry gun.

I was thinking about the LC9 but after checking it out I wasn't very impressed. Plus, it seems Ruger gave into all the anti-gun folks with all those damn safeties. I want to draw and shoot - not have to manipulate that tiny manual safety lever. And if I run out of ammo, drop the mag and for some reason have to shoot before getting the replacement mag in there, it won't let you! I would rather buy U.S.-made, but the only option out there for a point & shoot "pocket pistol" appears to be that new beretta (forgot what it's called?)... Only manufacturer with guts enough to go anti-California in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    I am not a fan. Ruger hit way below the mark with the LC9. I've talked about why extensively in previous posts so I won't get back into it here. If you want a subcompact 9mm, stick with the Glock 26.
    I couldn't agree more.

9. I really like my LC9. I've put hundreds of rounds through it with no failures. Great carry gun.

Re the white dot: yeah, just repaint it. The dot disappeared on my XD-40SC and I repainted it on, no biggie.

Had it for a little over a month and no complaints. After about 400 rounds I'm getting used to the trigger and have been carrying it daily.
    "A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington

The LC9 has become my daily carry. I love it. If you read enough firearms reviews you will find negative and positive feedback for just about any firearm. I had the dots disappear on my M&P and as stated by others I just repainted them....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast