Concealed Carry IWB Holster - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry IWB Holster

1. I have a High Noon Closing Argument for my G36 and G21. Top quality IWB leather.

Carry Galco IWB when I go IWB very confortable.

Pants and comfort

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I have one Galco IWB Holster. I don't use it because it is uncomfortable for me to wear. I have to buy my pants a size larger for it to work. Therefore its OWB holsters for me"!
    Just a comment- Before I decided to go IWB, I went to Goodwill and Salvation Army and bought some jeans for about $5.00/pair. It was a very good cost for an experiment. Besides, I like my good jeans and don't want to ruin them doing yard work.
    I have LOTS of IWB holsters, some of which are ok, and some are in my junk box. I ended up going with Crossbreed and/or Kholster, with my preference being Kholster.
    Products
    Try that- it has a satisfaction guarantee. Also, I bought another brand some years ago (now in my junk drawer)and the back of the holster still rubbed my skin raw. Try putting moleskin on the back of the holster (whichever you buy) if it rubs.
    Lastly, CC is not always comfortable.

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe with Crossbreed gun belt.

Crossbreed belt

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
    Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe with Crossbreed gun belt.
    How do you like the Crossbreed belt?
    I like my Blackhawk CQC carbon fiber belts with jeans, but they don't work with a suit and tie- and they all look very "well-loved". There used to be a leather belt with a metal or polymer stiffener inside. I can't find it again, which is why I ask the question 'how do you like it.
    Nautica or J Crew (or someone like that) had a belt that had holes all around the belt, to accomodate my ever-changing waistline... Most belts don't stand a chance against my Springfield- they simply roll outward.
    Who else has any ideas where I can get a top-of-the-line belt?
    Thanks everyone!

7. I currently carry my Glock 26 in a Galco King Tuck....i love it...very confortably....almost forget that i have it on most of the time......but...that said.....i am thinking about getting a Glock 17 or 19 and may try a Crossbreed
    GLOCK 26 (G4), RIA M1911A1FS, MP400, NAS 438, BERETTA NEOS, WINCHESTER 9422, PUMA M92, S&W M&P 15-22

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    How do you like the Crossbreed belt?
    I like my Blackhawk CQC carbon fiber belts with jeans, but they don't work with a suit and tie- and they all look very "well-loved". There used to be a leather belt with a metal or polymer stiffener inside. I can't find it again, which is why I ask the question 'how do you like it.
    Nautica or J Crew (or someone like that) had a belt that had holes all around the belt, to accomodate my ever-changing waistline... Most belts don't stand a chance against my Springfield- they simply roll outward.
    Who else has any ideas where I can get a top-of-the-line belt?
    Thanks everyone!
    The Crossbreed belt is an excellent belt. With the 1-1/2" width, it works with pretty much anything I wear from informal to Suit. I've been wearing this belt for over a year and it shows no sign of wear, bending or losing shape.

I've got a Don Hume H715 IWB and a H721 OWB both great holsters, also waiting for my new Invisi-tuck IWB from American Holster Co, its just like the Crossbreed but all leather. Check it out:
    Invisi-Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Someone recently asked me why I don't like the cheap nylon, cheap leather/suede holsters. This is why: When you remove your gun from the holster, the nylon/suede will collapse with nothing to keep it 'open'. This is especially true with IWB carry. The pressure of your waist-band will cause the holster to collapse and it is difficult to re-holster without opening your belt and pants. As nylon/suede/leather get on with age, they become softer and softer and this becomes especially true.
    guns: Leather Holster Safety Warning: Check your holster condition!
    SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!
    Glock goes off in holster
    Also, as long as I'm on my soap-box, when you carry a pocket gun (Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT/P-32, etc) in your front pocket, ALWAYS use a pocket holster that covers the trigger area. DON'T EVER put a pocket gun in the same pocket as any keys, change, pill bottles, or 'stuff' can get caught in the trigger and...you get the point. That guy is a friend of mine and a member of my gun club. The story makes me cringe!
    Please read these articles and please don't make the same mistake.
    I use a so called cheap holster if and when I need to pull my gun from it, it will stay out untill the threat has passed. As for discharges, that go's straight to individual responsiablity. Inspect your equipment prior to use. You check your vehicle out before a long trip, or daily quickly or weekly extensively, Not just for your safety but for others on the roadways with you in your privately owned property.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Love my High Noon Split Decision. Works great and very durable. $44 includes shipping.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast