Concealed Carry IWB Holster - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry IWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by ocergryan331 View Post
    What is your favorite IWB holster for concealed carry? I use a Desantis Sof Tuk and I really like it but I want to explore some other options.
    If you're happy w/ what you have then stay w/ that. That said, I'm happy w/ my Galco summer comfort holsters
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

re: cheap holsters and safety checks

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    I use a so called cheap holster if and when I need to pull my gun from it, it will stay out untill the threat has passed. As for discharges, that go's straight to individual responsiablity. Inspect your equipment prior to use. You check your vehicle out before a long trip, or daily quickly or weekly extensively, Not just for your safety but for others on the roadways with you in your privately owned property.
    You and I are smart enough to check for safety, but there are far too many people who are NOT smart enough to check their stuff every time they strap up. Bonus points to you for checking.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
    The Crossbreed belt is an excellent belt. With the 1-1/2" width, it works with pretty much anything I wear from informal to Suit. I've been wearing this belt for over a year and it shows no sign of wear, bending or losing shape.
    Does it have some sort of metal or polymer stiffener inside? What keeps it from rolling outwards? I have a double-thick leather belt, but then I can't attach my cell phone case, as the belt is too thick....

The Crossbreed belt is 3/8 inches thick. That's quite a bit thicker than a standard belt, though maybe not twice as thick. They now make both a 'standard' belt and a 'dress' belt, though their dress belt is very much a western style belt. It's very expensive too.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Does it have some sort of metal or polymer stiffener inside? What keeps it from rolling outwards? I have a double-thick leather belt, but then I can't attach my cell phone case, as the belt is too thick....
    Here is a quote from the Crossbreed web site:
    "Our belts are made of two layers of top grain cowhide. These two leathers are then stitched together, cross grain from each other, using recessed stitching to provide protection to the stitching from surface abrasions.
    The finished belt is 1 1/2 inches wide and just under 1/4 inch thick."

It does not appear to have any synthetic or other material besides straight leather. They also have "Dress Belts", with fancier buckles and design.

See their website at: Crossbreed Holsters > Home

It's 3/8 inches. I have one and I measured it yesterday when I posted.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

regarding cool belts

I have a regular leather belt with decorative holes all the way around it. The belt is made of really nice leather- I think I got it at a Wilson's outlet. I like the holes all the way around because I can wear the belt regardless of what my waist size is- my weight has been going up and down a LOT lately.
    My point is this: Can anyone think of a material to use to line a belt in order to make one similar as a gun belt? I thought about using plumbers tape between two layers of leather. That would make the belt sturdy enough to wear for years without rolling outwards from the weight of the gun...
    Anyone have any other ideas?

9. Try out the remora holster,it's extremely comfortable, can't beat the price,and also has a lifetime warranty. I love mine

10. Just got my Maxtuck in today from White Hat Holsters. Really like it so far, now time to break it in.

I like Milt Sparks VM 2 FOR 1911'S, and Crossbreed for Glocks and FNP'S

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast