How do you like your Ruger?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you like your Ruger?

How do you like your Ruger?

I just traded my KelTec PF9 for a new Ruger SR9c, anyone have this particular 9mm? I like it a lot but, every one has their own opinions. I'm thinking my next purchase (if I don't win it) will be the Ruger LC9, It seems like a pretty nice firearm, do they have a lot of recoil? Heavy trigger or what? My KelTec PF9 had a very heavy trigger, LOTS of recoil...not a recommended gun for a beginner at the range but, I still enjoyed it's ability to conceal well. Thoughts? Comments?

3. Are you referring to a specific model of Ruger or just in general? I won't mention how many handguns I have but only four are not Rugers. As far as I'm concerned Ruger produces the best buy in a handgun on the current market.

4. I've had a LC9 for about 6 weeks. The recoil is pretty significant compared to most mid frames, but i personally think its excitable for the size.
    Trigger pull is very long and the reset is almost a full style. Meaning you basically have to release to the original position.
    I have fired about 300 rounds and no malfunctions as of yet.
    Carry is smooth and comfortable. I carry it at 3 o'clock. It's a nice summer carry, but doubt ill use it in winter (im in ny).
    It takes awhile to get use to for sure, I still seem to shoot low unless I'm taking all the time in the world.

5. I'm a Ruger fan I have an LC9 and I love it... too bad LCP is MA illegal, if not i would get that one too and instead i have S%W bodyguard 380. and also good handgun to carry..

I have the SR9C and it is my EDC. Very happy with it. Easy to conceal, very accurate, and eats everything I've fed it. No problems at all. Ruger SR1911 is on the short list.

7. I LOVE my Ruger SR9c

Ruger SR9c:
    1. 9MM (so, virtually anyone can shoot it)
    2. Great, out of the box, trigger (so, virtually anyone can shoot it accurately)
    3. Ambidextrous controls (obvious benefit)
    4. Adjustable back strap (great for smaller hands)
    5. Compact (so, it's easily carried)
    6. Not much smaller than a full size (so, still good muzzle velocity and site radius)
    7. Ten round magazine (because that's all that Massachusetts allows)
    8. Extended magazine (in hopes that the ridiculous magazine restrictions will be lifted/defeated)
    9. Excellent loaded chamber indicator (obvious benefit)
    10. Mass compliant

8. Love my SR9c

I will not repeat all the good comments above, but will add 2 minor negatives.
    The safety is too far back, it is not real natural.
    The second is it is a little big. I love the size of the Glock 26, it fits right between the SR9c and the LC9.
    It is an easy carry but I am not a very big guy and need to wear somethin a little baggy to prevent prining.

I haven't had the chance to fire a SR9 but I have used a P89 9mm a lot in the past and I couldn't get that thing to jam!!! Just didn't like the mag release.... But Ruger makes some dang good pistols!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

10. I much prefer the SR9c to the LC9. The smaller pistol just did not fit my hand as well, and the trigger pull was just too long. The SR9c is reliable, accurate and comfortable to shoot.

Great Gun!

Quote Originally Posted by 9MarineMike View Post
    Ruger SR9c:
    1. 9MM (so, virtually anyone can shoot it)
    2. Great, out of the box, trigger (so, virtually anyone can shoot it accurately)
    3. Ambidextrous controls (obvious benefit)
    4. Adjustable back strap (great for smaller hands)
    5. Compact (so, it's easily carried)
    6. Not much smaller than a full size (so, still good muzzle velocity and site radius)
    7. Ten round magazine (because that's all that Massachusetts allows)
    8. Extended magazine (in hopes that the ridiculous magazine restrictions will be lifted/defeated)
    9. Excellent loaded chamber indicator (obvious benefit)
    10. Mass compliant
    I agree 100%. I love my SR9C. It is my EDC. It fits my hand very well. I have found it to be very accurate. No issues. Very affordable.
    God and brave men with guns made the USA a free nation. It will take the very same to keep it that way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast