cc travel across state lines legal or not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cc travel across state lines legal or not?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I knew that, why didnt I remember it? Thanks for the reality jolt Treo.....
    Apologies to Nightmare and the rest of you....
    It's very easy to forget about the Federal GFSZ law. I hope it gets struck down. I wish the whole interstate commerce B.S. would get struck down for anything and everything that is not actually in the process of interstate movement at the moment the Fed Gov tries to regulate it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It's very easy to forget about the Federal GFSZ law. I hope it gets struck down. I wish the whole interstate commerce B.S. would get struck down for anything and everything that is not actually in the process of interstate movement at the moment the Fed Gov tries to regulate it.
    Yeah, like that medical marijuana case a few years back. Growing a plant in your own home for your own consumption is "interstate commerce".

navyLCDR, I just noticed that I gave treo the credit for your reply... sorry.

Quick... someone mark it on the calender, I apologized not once, but TWICE in one thread..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Not for the Federal Gun Free School Zone prohibition contained in 18 USC 922 (q).

Actual statute:
    United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

ATF Opinion Letter:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/batf_school_zone.pdf

As Robert LeRoy Ripley would say, "Believe it, or not!"
    Then there's the case of WI's new law which states:

(d) For purposes of 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (ii), an
    out−of−state licensee is licensed by this state.
    How does that fly in the face of the ATF opinion...which quite frankly IS just an opinion...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12