What are the chances of House bill 822 passing this year?

View Poll Results: What are the chances of House bill 822 passing this year?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will pass

    0 0%
  • Good chance

    1 11.11%
  • Ehh good luck next year buddy

    3 33.33%
  • Not a pedophile's chance in prison of survival?

    5 55.56%
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What are the chances of House bill 822 passing this year?

  1. #1

    What are the chances of House bill 822 passing this year?

    What are the chances of House bill 822 (national ccw reciprocity) passing this year?

    A Will pass
    B Good chance
    C Ehh good luck next year buddy
    D Not a pedophile's chance in prison of survival?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    D.

    Like it or not, the Fed (including SCOTUS) has been leaving this stuff in the hands of the individual states. Don't expect it to change any time soon.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  4. #3
    H.R. 822 will not become law on its own under our current President. The only way it will become law in the near-term is if it can be attached to a bill the President so deeply desires that he will accept the amendment as part of the price for getting the parts of the bill he wants, just as he signed the CARD Act in 2009 with the amendment to eliminate the national parks carry ban. The same is true for any other major pro-gun bill.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by WVCDL View Post
    H.R. 822 will not become law on its own under our current President. The only way it will become law in the near-term is if it can be attached to a bill the President so deeply desires that he will accept the amendment as part of the price for getting the parts of the bill he wants, just as he signed the CARD Act in 2009 with the amendment to eliminate the national parks carry ban. The same is true for any other major pro-gun bill.
    Unfortunately for us I think you are correct. Good common sense post!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  6. #5

    fat chance

    I would have to agree with you. I don't think this will happen under the current administration. Our current commander-in-chief has already shown his subtle hostility towards 2nd amendment i.e., new regulations for border sales. I agree with WVCDL. it will probably need to be attached to some bigger peace of legislation in order for it to have any semblance of a chance.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487

    States Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    D.

    Like it or not, the Fed (including SCOTUS) has been leaving this stuff in the hands of the individual states. Don't expect it to change any time soon.
    AGREED!

    Why is it that this is probably the ONLY States Rights they believe and uphold? For the most part they have trampled over all others at sometime or another.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  8. I beleive that it should be passed because it is confusing when going on a trip weither or not a person can carry state to state and what changes in law u have to follow when traveling. Another thing it should be up to the federal government and not the states it says in the constitution that any law that is not given to the federal govenment threw the constitution shal be deligated to the states NOTE the 2nd amendment gives those rights to the fed govt. so it should be passed.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by cbutler114 View Post
    I beleive that it should be passed because it is confusing when going on a trip weither or not a person can carry state to state and what changes in law u have to follow when traveling. Another thing it should be up to the federal government and not the states it says in the constitution that any law that is not given to the federal govenment threw the constitution shal be deligated to the states NOTE the 2nd amendment gives those rights to the fed govt. so it should be passed.
    As it stands now (and has for a long time), the Fed's interpretation of 2A is that the Constitution only guarantees the right to own a firearm. How and where those firearms may be carried, displayed, etc. is left to the states to decide for themselves via 10A.

    It's been that way for quite some time......through pro-2A and anti-2A administrations, courts, etc.. I don't expect it to change any time soon.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast