Right to defend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right to defend

1. Right to defend

We need to get the courts on the side of law abiding folks that carry to defend themselves. The pharmacey owner that shot and killed the little jerk that was robbing him had every right to shoot back. Our socity has gotten to soft and to afried to stand up and do the right thing.

If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the pharmacist who is now in jail for the rest of his life for committing, at a minimum, manslaughter. I do not believe life in jail for, I guess, first degree murder, was appropriate and should be appealed, if that was the charge, but he did commit manslaughter and deserves his 30 years.

Ersland had already won the fight. He decided to play mall-ninja and chase the second suspect, spraying the neighborhood with buckshot. He then came back, got a new gun, and then calmly shot the unmoving first perp five more times.

He then proceeded to make up, and tell the cops and news-media a wild tale of "Shots flying' all around him.

To make things worse, after the video surfaced and told a different story, he stuck metal fragments under his skin and planted a bullet at the pharmacy, to bolster his imaginary claim of a gunfight.

If he had just stayed behind the counter and kept the downed perp covered until the cops arrived, he would have been a hero.

-Doc

Once the threat has been stopped, you lose the right to keep shooting. He committed murder, plain and simple. They call it manslaughter due to the "heat of battle" so to speak. I don't know all the facts of this case, but the video was not in his favor.

It's people like this pharmacist that makes legitimate gun owners look bad. You can be sure that some anti-gun folk will try to use this case against us.
    NYMoose

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
    Once the threat has been stopped, you lose the right to keep shooting. He committed murder, plain and simple. They call it manslaughter due to the "heat of battle" so to speak. I don't know all the facts of this case, but the video was not in his favor.
    Yeah, but the heat was over. Also faking evidence and lieing to the cops will always sink you in court.

He must be pretty dense to think his own security camera wouldn't catch all his actions!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    He must be pretty dense to think his own security camera wouldn't catch all his actions!

-Doc
    Maybe he was using "medical marijuana".

He has a absolute right to defend himself, once the BG is no longer a threat then the game is over, since the camera failed to show the BG ( could have still been a threat ) failure of attorney, he commited manslaughter.

11. I would still pardon him. If given a chance that piece of dog squeeze would have taken his life.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast