what to carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to carry?

depending on the state you live in if you qualify with a revolver thats all you can carry. if u do the same with a semi auto you can carry either or. thats how the permit is for texas anyways so you might want to look in to that as well. i carry a springfield XD .40 subcompact in a crossbreed supertuck delux and am very happy with it, but want to go smaller cause the summers here in texas really suck, so im looking into a lcp9 or a sig .380 for summer.

3. I carry a XD-SC .40 most of the time, in light summer clothes I carry the LC9. I will not carry a revolver due to a limited capacity and wide bulk.

I just thought I would let you know that I have had my ccw for some time and I now carry a FNH FiveseveN in a crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe made specificaly for this firearm. It is very comfortable and can easily be worn all day without discomfort.

SE Florida
    Go to a range that rents pistols. Shoot everything. Buy your favorite.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Upstate NY
    Now that you have some idesa go visit your local gun store and hold some guns. Choose one that fits well in your hand....not to big, not too small. If you cannot use and handle it comfortably it isn't the right gun to own for concealed carry.

I carry a Glock23 with a Minotaur mtach iwb and it's comfortable and doesn't print at all I can wear a t-shirt and shorts and no one can tell I am carrying
    And I am with the other guy the Glock23 is a great gun will prob be my main carry gun from now on or atleast till flock makes a better version of it.

8. In free states the 23 holds 13 rounds.

Be advised that revolvers are a type of pistol. Be it single shot, lever action, semi auto, or revolver, they are all pistols. There is no need to emulate the English on this one.
    Follow nymoose's advice.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Carry what you're most comfortable with...what you have the most confidence in...and what you can handle and shoot the best. A wheelgun will protect you just as well as a semi. In most instances if you need more than six rounds to neutralize a situation, you're in a running gunfight and that doesn't need to happen.

11. I carry a Ruger LCP or a Kahr PM9. You could always look at the Kahr PM40. Also climate and your attire will have a lot to do with what you carry. Here in the Florida heat, less clothes = less places to conceal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12