LEO seriously abuses CCW holder - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO seriously abuses CCW holder

Renbots Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DWC View Post
    IMO, this represents that 1 in 1,000 really bad cop.

Semper Fi
    This is an obvious example of Roid Rage. I will say it again.... Roid Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    A lot went wrong on this stop.
    Ohio is state that you have a duty to inform the police officer that you are carrying. The driver did not do it until well after he was out of the car. The first thing he should have done before the one officer went into the car was to tell him he had a permit. Even if the officer told him to be quiet he should have restated that he had a permit to carry. It's better go against the officer's command of being quiet then being shot.
    From what I can tell, the driver tried...if had done anything more I think this officer would have berated him for speaking out..

The officer was VERY lucky that this guy wasn't a bad guy, he would have been dead when his head was turned searching the car.
    Agree

The dispatch screwed up by missing the info that the driver had a carry permit.
    Not sure about OH, but in TN permit information is tied to your DL. Considering the officer had not approached him previsouly to get any info and give it to dispatch, not sure what they were supposed to do. Yes, you can take the registration information and run the name for DL info, but I think that is "normally" done...at least it wasn't when I dispatched.

The officer went overboard in taking out his anger on the driver. Yeah I would have been pissed too but no reason to be this verbally abusive.
    Had the officer started off with less attitude and more respect, he'd had nothing to be upset about in the first place.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Well, it's a good lesson for me anyway. Should I get pulled over, I'll not say a word. Just stick my driver's license and CC card out the window immediately. And I don't think I even have to inform in Idaho.

This is already being discussed in LEO Encounters....

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/leo-e...encounter.html

Also...according to the victims lawyer, and If you watch the video closely, He TRIED to notify numerous times.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingbooker View Post
    I'm using my android to read ur thread and I can't access ur video. Can u post just the title of the video? I would love to see it. Thanx
    what android version are you using? 2.0+ has flash built into the browser

Criminals with badges.

-Doc

Don't these cops realise they are making a video?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Hey, the NRA has a great idea, a new program now... You can sponser an LEO's NRA membership!! Yeah, this idiot who makes more money than I ever did needs ME to help him financially. ...Does that mean I can get a free lunch pretty much wherever I go to?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Not sure about OH, but in TN permit information is tied to your DL. Considering the officer had not approached him previsouly to get any info and give it to dispatch, not sure what they were supposed to do. Yes, you can take the registration information and run the name for DL info, but I think that is "normally" done...at least it wasn't when I dispatched.
    In the video (around 10:45) you can hear the dispatcher say they don't know how they missed it the first time when they ran the plate. So I'm assuming that when they ran the plate, which is tied to the driver, it showed up that he had a carry permit. The volume is low so it's hard to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Had the officer started off with less attitude and more respect, he'd had nothing to be upset about in the first place.
    Agreed

"Execute". Nice language for a "Law Enforcement" officer, huh? Talk about a God complex!!
    "I got you in a Stranglehold, baby. And then I crushed your face" -Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast