Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service?

Quote Originally Posted by jlutin View Post
    Permits for vets could be modeled on the legislation for retired police officers.
    And IMHO, that piece of legislation was garbage. If cops need to run around 24/7 with guns, then that shows that Joe Average needs to as well. We should not be giving government employees special privledges just because they have their own union.

Quote Originally Posted by jlutin View Post
    Individuals who can provide evidence of current training in their home state, who are not otherwise disqualified from possessing a firearm, and have appropriate douments in their possession would be entitled to carry a conceled firearm notwithstanding any state or local law to the contrary.
    That's what is called a "shall-issue" system of carry permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri State Self Defense View Post
    I Agree and Disagree! First, I agree that some military veterans (I being one of them) that have it on their DD214 that they qualified with a pistol, should yes be exempt from weapons firing portion of any training. But, disagree and believe that they should be required to at least go through a portion of a training class on how to conceal carry and legal portion of any state they plan to get there CCW license in.
    Not all military personel qualify with a hand gun! Yes alot qualify with a rifle but that is a different weapon and in the military you never have to conceal it.
    As far as law enforcement, yes I believe they should all be exempt. Being a prior police officer of 11 years. I know there is not a state in the United States that does not require training and expect at sometime in his or her career that an officer is going to want to, have to, or need to carry concealed for their and their families protection. Therefore I believe that most officers have the experience and training to carry without going through a class that they have not already gone through.
    Once again I have been training police officer, military personel, and civilians for over 15 years on weapons instruction.
    Joseph
    Chief CCW Instructor
    Tri State Self Defense
    Concealed Weapons class, CCW CPL Wisconsin
    Just like not all military should get a free pass, there are cops out there that don't even know what the speed limit is in the area they stop you in. And that the Chief may also be as uneducated. So bad that when the county traffic dept shows up with the documents in court, the judge says "not another one" about the city cop's bad tickets. These are people who sometimes know less than the citizens they are supposed to serve. There are good cops and there are bad cops but just being a cop doesn't make all of them good.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tri State Self Defense View Post
    But, disagree and believe that they should be required to at least go through a portion of a training class on how to conceal carry and legal portion of any state they plan to get there CCW license in."
    Why? There are no problems in states that do not require any training in order to conceal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri State Self Defense View Post
    Joseph
    Chief CCW Instructor
    Tri State Self Defense
    Concealed Weapons class, CCW CPL Wisconsin
    Never mind. Question answered.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Never mind. Question answered.
    Careful NavyLCDR, the sheepdogs might get mad at you and start throwing their CCW Badges at you.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Careful NavyLCDR, the sheepdogs might get mad at you and start throwing their CCW Badges at you.
    Clang!!!!!!! Then he could collect them and use them for target practice. It would be a better use for them.

Took dad to the range today. Now remember, this is a retired Navy Master Chief who had to stay qualified from 1946 till 1971 with a Colt 1911 in .45ACP. And he wasn't an MP. Out of a possible 75 in police scoring, he scored a 73. Not bad for an 83 year old using my blued Taurus PT 1911.

7. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    blued Taurus PT 1911.
    That explains the missing 2 points from his score...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. Great idea Coach, and also all vet's should get a discount for being Vet's.

Yeah, he complained about the sights last night. Then found out they were better than he thought. Next time he can take his Colt Special Combat Gov't Model .45 if he doesn't like mine. I scored 127 out of 130 with the two different PT 1911s.

10. Your fingerprints that get taken at MEPS go into a federal database which the county cannot access.

11. Surely somewhere the military would have some record as to what you have been trained to fire. This information could be used for ccw.

If they have trained with a handgun in the military, I see no reason they should have to go through another course just to carry.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast