Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service?

Kansas

In ks we give military 1/2 off of fees.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I have to disagree. There should be no "special" or "elite" classes of legal residents in regards to carrying firearms. That includes presently employed LEO, retired LEO, military members or veterans. One rule should apply to all and all should be required to abide by the same rules. "Shall not be infringed."

BTW, there are thousands of honorably discharged military personnel who have never handled a handgun, and only handled a rifle in boot camp/basic training.
    Bingo. 10-ringer.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. I should have added politicians to the list. I wonder if politicians had to actually abide by the laws they make or suffer the consequences of their mistakes how many would change their decisions. Example: if the government shuts down because Congress can't get all their stuff in one sock, they are still going to get paid.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Before I get ridden out of the forum on a rail as a "commie', let me explain my own standing. I am a retired 30 Year Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant. I served 6 years " in country" in Viet Nam in combat billets.

That said, the whole question of the right to carry a weapon is a Second Amendment issue. The Second Amendment pertains to all citizens and no provision of it in use should favor one citizen over another.
    Period!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I should have added politicians to the list. I wonder if politicians had to actually abide by the laws they make or suffer the consequences of their mistakes how many would change their decisions. Example: if the government shuts down because Congress can't get all their stuff in one sock, they are still going to get paid.
    If the government shuts down most government employees are paid to stay at home and not work, that's two freebies instead of just the normal one.

7. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    If the government shuts down most government employees are paid to stay at home and not work, that's two freebies instead of just the normal one.
    Except those of us in uniform. We are expected to show up for work and not get paid.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

This would never happen, they will pass the veterans disarmament act before give us a automatic ccw

If the government shuts down most government employees are paid to stay at home and not work, that's two freebies instead of just the normal one. [/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they aren't automatically paid, the times the government shutdown the pay was authorized by Congress after the fact. And please clarify that you are referring to civilians, the contractors don't get the same treatment our benefits.

FWIW, I was repeating a joke made by someone who worked in Washington, DC durring the Klinton era government shutdown. That was his analysis of the situation.

I'd be fine with these qualifications skipping the class and getting a CWP.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast