Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Automatic CCW permits for all military vets with honorable DD214 service?

1. Navy concealed carry

As an active duty Navy guy myself, i happen to be fond of my concealed carry permit. I was not fond of the 10 months i spent in Iraq with the Army because they got rid of the Electronic Warfare capability and needed us Navy guys to come do it for them ;-) i still have some god buddies from that tour still in green!

There is a statist mindset running through this (and other) threads that only the government can set 'training standards' that 'allow you the privilege' of exercising a right. In no copy of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or the Arizona State Constitution have I found any authorization for any such 'requirement' (all my copies can't have been bowdlerized) - in fact, when the Arizona Constitution was written, just prior to statehood, the legislature was strictly enjoined from regulating the ownership of firearms, or how they may be carried. For centuries, people were either taught as a matter of course by a relative or other responsible adult, or sought instruction on their own (or did without, and suffered the consequences).

By conceding that 'government' - at any level - has the authority to demand 'cut-and-paste' training before allowing you the 'privilege' - revocable at whim - to exercise one right, you are acquiescing to the fiction that they have that authority over every right. Try these on for size: Amendment I - you must complete a 40-hour course, with a passing grade of 90, before being allowed to attend the religious institution of your choice - and may only utter authorized prayers. You may only publish a broadside, a weblog, or a pamphlet after a one month course with a passing grade of 75, and no errors on the grammar and spelling sections. Get the idea? You may only reproduce upon completion of a 90 day course with a satisfactory grade, to be determined by the instructor.

Far-fetched? Perhaps, but once you allow the government to mandate standards before granting 'permission' to exercise a right, you have participated in setting precedent, ceding what should - and must - be a matter of personal accountability (and yes, I'm aware that I'm repeating myself) into yet another area illicitly controlled by people who view your exercise of any right as a threat to their power.

4. I can think of a few that I served with that should never be armed.

Mugler v. Kansas 123 U.S. 623, 659-60.
    "Our system of government, based upon the individuality and intelligence
    of the Citizen, the state does not claim to control him, except as his
    conduct to others, leaving him the sole judge as to all that only affects
    himself."

Supreme Law School : E-mail : Box 036 : Msg 03678
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

6. As much as I respect those who serve i don't think any one class should be singled out for any special privelege
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

I'm ok with the reproduction rule. Too much irresponsible breeding is why the world is overpopulated and on the verge of WWIII.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    ...in ALL states, subject to no mental issues...
    Not all states have concealed carry, or at least not in a manner that ordinary citizens can reliably get a license. California for example would never go for this. Then again, if you're crazy enough to live in Kalifornia, you could be disqualified for the mental issues thing.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Being a military veteran I can see where you are coming from. Due to the law variations between the states it wouldn't be feasible. The criminal background of the individual and their mental stability would have to come into play. I agree with some of the previous posts that having served in the military doesn't mean competence with a firearm.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

For such a rule on the national level, step one would be that concealed carry be a federal law. Anyone who thinks that would be a good idea, is automatically disqualified from having a permit...under the sanity clause! I'm not ready to follow Obamacare with Obamacarry.
    -
    Texas gives a discount on the state registration fee ($140 before the discount!!!). Also, as of 9/1/2013 the Texas CHL will indicate Veteran on the license itself, a dubious benefit. That and $2.50...as the old expression goes...will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    I'm not ready to follow Obamacare with Obamacarry.
    Illinois would be the model for Obamacarry.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast