What CCW should i buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What CCW should i buy?

My preference is the .40 cal Glock 27.

Go with the largest caliber you can shoot well and is comfortable in your hand. My opinion, 9mm minimum.

Single stack magazine models are flatter, easier to conceal, but you trade off number of rounds.

The smaller the barrel length, the more you will have to practice to get good with it at distance. Of course, the longer the barrel, the harder it is to conceal.

I like having my pinky finger on something when I grip...so, I put Pearce magazine extenders on my Glock 27.

Try to test shoot as many different makes, models, calibers as you can before making your final purchase.
    H&K-Certified MP5 Operator and Instructor
    FBI-Certified Police Pistol and Shotgun Instructor
    State of New Mexico-Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

My preference is the .40 cal Glock 27.

Go with the largest caliber you can shoot well and is comfortable in your hand. My opinion, 9mm minimum.

Single stack magazine models are flatter, easier to conceal, but you trade off number of rounds.

The smaller the barrel length, the more you will have to practice to get good with it at distance. Of course, the longer the barrel, the harder it is to conceal.

I like having my pinky finger on something when I grip...so, I put Pearce magazine extenders on my Glock 27.

Try to test shoot as many different makes, models, calibers as you can before making your final purchase.

Sorry for the double post - gotta love technology sometimes!

5. Kimber Crimson Carry

Very nice gun although a bit pricey

Smith And Wesson M&P 9mm Compact, they have it in .40 cal as well. I'm just a 9mm fan, but the gun is great and reliable.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Go to a range where you can rent different types of handguns and shoot them all to see which one you like. Everyone has a different feel so one might be good for one person and not another. Buy something you'll feel comfortable carrying so you'll actually carry it instead of leaving it at home or in the vehicle.

8. Smith & Wesson MP9c is a very good carry gun and is accurate along with giving you 13 rounds.

shooting range.

There isnt a place around here that will rent you one to shoot. Most ranges are private anyway. The place that is thinking about opening one and renting them won't have their range up for nearly 2 years.(finances I guess)

Para Hawg .45 ACP

Also, you are going to realize here that everyone thinks their handgun is the best. Just get use to it. Your best bet is to go to a range that has many options and test them out. The closest one may be a little bit of a drive, but in the long run it will get you the gun that is perfect for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12