What CCW should i buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What CCW should i buy?

What CCW should i buy?

I have just turned 21. I regestered for my CWP the day i was elligable. I have yet to purchase a CCW. I started thinking of getting a taurus slim in .40cal. but the more people i talked to about it told me the taurus they had was unreliable and they were about to get another weapon they trusted. So i decided to not purchase it. I have been thinking more about buying a Sig 250 nitron sub-compact in .40. i like the feel in my hand but havent been able to shoot one. even tho im a new member i have been visiting a reading this forum for about 6 months so i trust that i can get good advice here. so what do ya'll think? what should i get?
    "The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

I shot the Sig 250 a bunch when I was looking for my first handgun. I just didnt like the DA only feature, and then I found out it wasn't MA compliant so it didnt matter anyways. I settled on the p229 in 9mm. When I picked it up at the dealer he mentioned that people complain about the price of Sigs, but when it came down to it, it is one of the best guns on the market. Made me feel like I made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    I shot the Sig 250 a bunch when I was looking for my first handgun. I just didnt like the DA only feature, and then I found out it wasn't MA compliant so it didnt matter anyways. I settled on the p229 in 9mm. When I picked it up at the dealer he mentioned that people complain about the price of Sigs, but when it came down to it, it is one of the best guns on the market. Made me feel like I made the right decision.
    I'm gonna sound really ignorant but I'm kinda new to hand guns and to forum talk. DA only?
    "The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

5. Go to your local range and rent a couple of different makes. I have both a Glock and a Springfield Armory XD - Glock is a 9mm, XD in .45. MUCH prefer the XD as it is just a better "fit" for me.

Glock 23..... outstanding firearm !

DA only is " Double Action Only"

I have the Sig RCS chambered in .45...I love it. Accurate, smooth shooting, fits great in my hand.

XD subcompact 40 stainless best gun hands down!

Go with what feels best in your hand. If you like the fit and feel, you will more than likely like shooting it.

Get yourself a Glock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast