Glock 19 for CC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 for CC

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun.....
    All the rust you will miss. These are incredibly robust weapons.

Can your steel frame gun do all this: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

That is a great price btw.

-Doc

I paid 600 for my gen4 g19

4. Glocks are great, super dependable, easy to take care of, and shoot straight. I carry the G 26 everday. I am 5'10" 175lbs. and work in an office. No one can tell I am carrying. The 19 is a bit more "printable" depends on how you dress and what you do.

I carried a G19 Gen2 from 1988 (when they came out) until 2001 when I got a G26. G19 is a fantastic CC firearm. Never misfired or failed to fire using all kinds of ammo from all around the world. I carried that G19 everyday in Panama, Peru and other Central and South American countries. I carried it in Germany and throughout Europe. Fantastic gun. I still have it and have it in my nightstand. The only reason I carry the G26 is because it is smaller lighter and more concealable. Actually I still carry the G19 OWB (Israeli Tactical retention holster) OC with the G26 as a back up.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

I have a Gen 2 G19 that I carried on and off duty for years. I was given it when I retired and still carry it CC. Since I carried it starting in 1999, it has fired thousands of rounds of +P ammo without a single jam. It has no finger grooves thankfully, as the groove usually are where my fingers are not. Don't need a rail as it has Trijicon tritium sights. I never liked the light being on the gun. Bad guys tend to shoot back at the light and I really don't like it in line with my head. That is why many years ago they trained us to hold the flashlight out to the side when lighting up a perp.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

By the way, you can't beat the price or performance of the Israeli Tactical retention holsters at this site. Tighter and less "rattle" than a Blackhawk Serpa (I've tried them) at about 1/3 the cost. Also, Serpas have 3 different cant positions where the Israeli Tactical have 360 degree cant settings using an allen wrench (included) so you can use it for cross-draw, vertical, horizontal, whatever. I have no affiliation with the sight but I have ordered holsters and magazine holders from them with fast delivery.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

I paid $500 for my G19 Gen2 in 1988. I paid $500 for my G26 Gen3 in 2001 and it think they are about the same price now.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun. So I'm hoping their reliable :P I'm sure they are. I see a lot of people on these forums own and carry Glocks. I'm not sure what Gen the Glock I'm getting is. Is there a way to tell? I know it's not a Gen 4 because it doesn't have any finger grooves or a rail system.

To answer your question, Gen 4 Glocks actually say Gen 4 on the slide. Most likely if you're buying it new, it will be a gen 3 if it doesnt say gen 4 on it.

must be a gen 2... gen 3 and 4 both have finger grooves... i've got the gen 3 and 4, have had zero issues...

11. Rj if you can get the serial number you can use this thread to detirmin when your gun was made:

Glock Serial Number Research Project - Glock Talk

Mine is a G26 made in 2003.......man that is old. I can still hit a 10 off a draw (once in a while). So to some up 8 years of blasting and carrying everyday with absolutely no problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast