Glock 19 for CC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 for CC

Glock 19 for CC

I'm looking at get a new G19 in box with an extra mag for $430. I know Glock's have been around for awhile but I've personally never owned, shot, or held one (until today). It felt nice in my hands, and to me the price is good.

My big question is how are they for CC?

Thanks All!
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

G19 for CC

I think there great I carry a glock 19 gen 4 its not bulky shoots great. I say if you like it go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mississippi21 View Post
    I think there great I carry a glock 19 gen 4 its not bulky shoots great. I say if you like it go for it.
    I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun. So I'm hoping their reliable :P I'm sure they are. I see a lot of people on these forums own and carry Glocks. I'm not sure what Gen the Glock I'm getting is. Is there a way to tell? I know it's not a Gen 4 because it doesn't have any finger grooves or a rail system.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

It's all about personal preferences isn't it. I prefer the S & W 38 snub nose. I don't
    ever have to worry about it jamming. Less amo, yes, but if your accurate you only need so many rounds. Besides, I always have some spares.

I carry a Glock 23, which is the same size as the G19, only in 40 caliber.....it is a wonderful firearm for CC.... I would jump on it, you will not be sorry with the purchase.....

Good choice! I love my 17 Gen 4 for daily cc.
    "In times of dire need, the strongest men I know call on me before they call on God... When they are suffering, they call on me before they call on their mothers... I am a Combat Medic." -SPC Dariel Trinidad

8. RJ,

I own to G19's and love them, but not everyone will like the Glock. The key is to dress accordingly to accommodate the width of such a firearm in order to help prevent obvious clothing bulges. Granted the G26 will hide better (EDC), but the grip size can put some shooters off a bit with comfort. So if you explore the 26 (subcompact) make sure you try one with grip extensions on the magazines before you rule either one out.

I tend to buy my shirts a size larger than normal, I have IWB and OWB holster options, and I often wear shorts or trousers with enough room to coneal my firearm without making it painfully obvious to everyone else.

One major thing to know. If you have/get a new Gen4 or the RTF frame you will want some sort of undershirt or material between the frame and your skin...no matter what. It will sandpaper your hide rather quickly.

I've seen them local to me ballpark of $450, so that means finding one in your price range used shouldn't be a problem. You could try armslist.com or gunlistings.org to see if anything pops up in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun. So I'm hoping their reliable :P I'm sure they are. I see a lot of people on these forums own and carry Glocks. I'm not sure what Gen the Glock I'm getting is. Is there a way to tell? I know it's not a Gen 4 because it doesn't have any finger grooves or a rail system.
    When you need your gun,the loudest sound in the world is "click." I've carried Glocks exclusively because of their reliability.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. As a certified glock armorer and someone that carries a Sig Sauer P226....its not only plastic that the gun is made of. It is very durable and the slide is very durable as well and the gun overall takes to abuse very well. NYPD has been using the Glock 19 for the past 20+ years as a duty gun and have never heard of any real complaints.

If your going to use this as a CC then make sure you can actually hide the gun on your person. Depending on a persons body frame it maybe be too big to conceal in a IWB or OWB holster . The gun itself is great but make sure you are comfortable carrying it. I personally carry a Glock 26. It is a little smaller and easier to conceal for me.

Good Luck

I don't always conceal carry where I live OC is popular. Depends what I do and where I go. I also have a Rueger P89 but its heavy on the belt. Ask who ever your buying from they can tell you what gen it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast