Unlawful Carry Arrest - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlawful Carry Arrest

It is a class A Misdemeanor; however, I'm wondering since I was in Texas would this go under their laws or mississippi's? I don't believe Texas can revoke a MS CHL but who's courts would the license be under if it were up for revocation?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy615 View Post
    It is a class A Misdemeanor; however, I'm wondering since I was in Texas would this go under their laws or mississippi's? I don't believe Texas can revoke a MS CHL but who's courts would the license be under if it were up for revocation?
    You will be charged and tried in Texas under Texas law in the Texas court system. Texas can suspend or revoke your carrying privileges in Texas by issuing an injunction against you. Just like they can suspend or revoke your driving privileges in Texas by issuing an injuction. The injunction against you will be a Texas court order valid in Texas only.

Texas can also forward information regarding your arrest, formal charges and conviction to Mississippi and Mississippi can revoke or suspend your Mississippi license/permit to carry based upon the information that Texas provides to Mississippi.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    All we need now is to off-track this to an argument about OC v. CC!

To the OP,
    What you do now is get a Texas lawyer.
    Can we bring up sheepdogs or CCW Badges instead? Those are always fun topics to discus or disgust if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Kasper: First off we have been down this drinking and CC a few times. IMO it is similar to driving. There are acceptable standards that are considered responsible limits on blood alcohol level. Depending on your body weight, number of drinks, type of drinks (ie alcohol content), and frequency of said drinks, and particularly before your go driving or before you go public with your CCW---08 seems to be the concensus. I do not believe anyone is really saying that a beer or a glass of wine or even a shot of whiskey are an absolute no no, but when you go above a standard--say 08--IMO you deserve the full weight of the law--that goes for driving and that goes for carrying. Responsibility and consequences--if anyone can argue with that, I feel sorry for them and have no sympathy.
    kelcarry is there any truth to the rumor that the folks who make Pop-tarts are coming out with a new Tums flavor due to your request? For as sour of a person as you are, I could believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Look at it this way, you could have been drunk and killed someone, either with your gun or with your car. I've got no sympathy for drinkers with no brains.
    It's like putting a thief in your mouth to steal your brains.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Here in North Carolina you could more than likely kiss your CHP goodbye!
    What the Hamberger said, [you're in a 'pickle' of your own doing]

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy615 View Post
    I was asking for legitimate help I.e. Anyone that lives in TX or knows of cases like this. Yes it was stupid; however, it happened and will not again. I don't need the negative feedback. It's a forum to help not be an *****.
    Sorry about that. The guys have had a furious discussion about the whole drinking thing, you could not have known that. You just touched them off. I agree we should try to help not just bash people.

Hey G: Don't like poptarts and do not use Tums. Apparently you have a problem with understanding that tolerant reactions to anyone who drinks beyond 08 and drives or walks around with a firearm, is not OK. FYI, several fellow forum members took the time to respond with "likes". Sour you say---common sense and responsible behavior is what I say. Don't like it, don't read it. Save your energy.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey G: Don't like poptarts and do not use Tums. Apparently you have a problem with understanding that tolerant reactions to anyone who drinks beyond 08 and drives or walks around with a firearm, is not OK. FYI, several fellow forum members took the time to respond with "likes". Sour you say---common sense and responsible behavior is what I say. Don't like it, don't read it. Save your energy.
    Or maybe, just maybe, help a fellow gun owner/carrier to overcome his mistake and get on with his life with as little damage as possible?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Hey NavyLCDR: Overcome his mistake? If he happens to be impaired one of these days and ends up shooting someone who was not causing him imminent danger or great bodily injury, it is probably a felony; it is the same as driving a car "drunk" and causing death by auto--that is manslaughter. Sorry, if you want to CC and you want to embrace the carrying of a firearm, your responsibility for drinking has taken a big turn upward--no room for a mistake without a consequence and a severe one at that. Don't agree--fine--just my opinion. End of story.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast