Unlawful Carry Arrest - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: Unlawful Carry Arrest

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter:222188
    Who's cracking Jokes, As responcible Armed Citizens we are held to higher Standards. This is the kind of Situations Anti-Gunners love I can hear them now another Drunk with a Concealed Weapon.I'm not bashing him, but he should of made a better choice.

    If your going to drink, leave your weapon at home. I'm sorry this happened to him, and hope all ends well for him.But I'm thinking of all CCWers not just one. As stated before What if he had to use his weapon while under the Influence.No attorney in the world could save him. Bottom line We as CCW holders always need to keep clear minds,, and bodies

    And if you dont like the responces, dont post that kind of Information.
    Again, I thought his story was, drinking not armed, sobered up, and was caught on his way home from a trip....I don't know how many of you drink. I don't drink, and this was a decision before carrying. But I don't feel its right to tell someone who has had some beers that they no longer have a right to defend themselves at all. If my wife had some wine, felt a little tipsy, and then some guy tried to break into our home, I sure hope she destroys that guy.

    There are many things that can cloud judgment beyond alcohol. Medication, caffeine, sugar, etc. I agree completely we should all have clear minds, all the time. But that is not always the case, the o p original story does not put him at the bar with his weapon.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Again, I thought his story was, drinking not armed, sobered up, and was caught on his way home from a trip....I don't know how many of you drink. I don't drink, and this was a decision before carrying. But I don't feel its right to tell someone who has had some beers that they no longer have a right to defend themselves at all. If my wife had some wine, felt a little tipsy, and then some guy tried to break into our home, I sure hope she destroys that guy.

    There are many things that can cloud judgment beyond alcohol. Medication, caffeine, sugar, etc. I agree completely we should all have clear minds, all the time. But that is not always the case, the o p original story does not put him at the bar with his weapon.
    Some people are Puritans that want to apply what they think is right to everybody else, circumstances of the story not withstanding. There is a reason the US has tried Prohibition before.

  4. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper:215582
    What is it with people who say don't drink if your carrying your firearm. What because I want to have a beer with my dinner that means I have to give up my right to defend myself if attacked. If police can do it then I should be able to do it. After all police are just citizens so if they are allowed to drink and carry when they are not working why is it that we can not do the same?
    Quite simply, the last thing you want to do is have to shoot someone in delf-defense with a measurable BAC...or witnesses to state that you have been drinking. No matter who you are.

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance:216033
    Well Kelcarry. Some of us grown ups who can handle our sh** can still function in an adequate mental and physical capacity above .08. Since half a zima impairs you to the point of incoherentness then yes you should not carry. However, a grown man with hair under his arms more than likely can have 5 beers and still make conscious decisions about their danger level while keeping in mind the parameters for lethal force set by their state. One should not have to forfeit their right to defend yourself because they had a few beers at theneighbors BBQ or what have you. You weren't wrong to carry OP, you were wrong to get caught...but it happens. I'm sure Texas is littered with pro gun/carry lawyers so just start with the first one in the phone book or ask someone around there.
    All well and good, but I suspect defending yourself with a firearm with aBAC over. 08 will likely land you in some sh**...whether you claim high tolerance or not. Just as with DUI, they are simply going to go by rule...and that universally .08.

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by the dark:222341
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper:215582
    What is it with people who say don't drink if your carrying your firearm. What because I want to have a beer with my dinner that means I have to give up my right to defend myself if attacked. If police can do it then I should be able to do it. After all police are just citizens so if they are allowed to drink and carry when they are not working why is it that we can not do the same?
    Quite simply, the last thing you want to do is have to shoot someone in delf-defense with a measurable BAC...or witnesses to state that you have been drinking. No matter who you are.
    Isn't shooting someone in self defense the last thing you want to do in any shooting? Its a last resort to save life.

  7. After going through 11 Months of going to Court and a full jury trial,I think a lot differently about drawing my handgun.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by the dark:222343
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance:216033
    Well Kelcarry. Some of us grown ups who can handle our sh** can still function in an adequate mental and physical capacity above .08. Since half a zima impairs you to the point of incoherentness then yes you should not carry. However, a grown man with hair under his arms more than likely can have 5 beers and still make conscious decisions about their danger level while keeping in mind the parameters for lethal force set by their state. One should not have to forfeit their right to defend yourself because they had a few beers at theneighbors BBQ or what have you. You weren't wrong to carry OP, you were wrong to get caught...but it happens. I'm sure Texas is littered with pro gun/carry lawyers so just start with the first one in the phone book or ask someone around there.
    All well and good, but I suspect defending yourself with a firearm with aBAC over. 08 will likely land you in some sh**...whether you claim high tolerance or not. Just as with DUI, they are simply going to go by rule...and that universally .08.
    Op never stated official bac.

  9. #78
    So much for the "permit holders are law abiding good guys" thing.

    If the OP was drinking and carrying he should be charged accordingly and have his permit revoked. Period.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green:222440
    So much for the "permit holders are law abiding good guys" thing.

    If the OP was drinking and carrying he should be charged accordingly and have his permit revoked. Period.
    He was not drinking and carrying.

  11. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What is it with people who say don't drink if your carrying your firearm. What because I want to have a beer with my dinner that means I have to give up my right to defend myself if attacked. If police can do it then I should be able to do it. After all police are just citizens so if they are allowed to drink and carry when they are not working why is it that we can not do the same?
    You are a big boy, do what you think is right, but be advised that in some states drinking while CCW is highly illegal,in some states it's legal, but in every state it's stupid. If you have to shoot someone in self defense, and you have been drinking, you will, in all probability, have your judgement, intelligence, and your tactical need to fire, will all be called into question, you will be charged with negligent homicide at the least, and turn a righteous shoot into thousands of dollars in fines, possible time locked in a small cage with a guy named Tyrone(who wants to know you better)and be separated from your family for a long time.
    And then there's the civil suit,...but you get it, right? Just how important is that beer?
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast