Concealing full sized pistols - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealing full sized pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    5'11" 225 - Full size 1911 in a Crossbreed ST. The key is proper clothing and a GOOD Belt.
    I have never tried a shoulder holster. Thought about though.
    Ah... GOOD BELT!!! Yes indeed... Good belt makes a world of difference. The Wilderness Original Easy Fit Instructors Belt...

Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt - NEW OPTIONS!

Ahhhhh! comfort and security...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

If I have my full-size gun on me, I wear a fisherman's vest. It covers it very well. I am a photographer (as opposed to a snapshooter) so if someone will notice, they usually comment and/or look at my camera gear than my gun which is concealed but ready to use in a heartbeat should the situation calls for it.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

At 6'0" and 280 I have a full sized S&W Sigma 9mm. It sits under my shirt with little trouble.

I carried full size (Glock 17) for many years because that is all I had. (licensed as a young lad at 21). I am 6'4" and thin so concealing it wasn't too much of a problem, but after getting a sub compact Glock 26, it is so much more comfortable now. I can't believe I carried so often with a full size.

Im skinny and still conceal my full size G22 when I want to carry it. Not too hard to do. IWB or shoulder holster. Wear clothing that helps conceal too.

I'm 6'4" and 225 lbs and the only comfortable way I've found to carry a full sized firearm in hot weather is the Cell Pal Holster. Since it'll work with multiple guns in shorts or anything you wear, I love to be able to change guns in the "recession-proof holster." Be sure to check out the videos on their site before using it - great ideas on draw techniques! This is a great addition to your winter wear shoulder, IWB, OWB, SOB holsters.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

8. 1911

I carry a full sized 1911 in .45 ACP in a cross breed holster.I've never dealt with a more comfortable holster in my life.doesn't matter what I wear it concealed and I can work, bend over squat doesn't matter, very comfortable.

I've found that the best way to conceal one of my full-size pistols is to hide it behind one of my assault rifles. That way nobody notices.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I mean, I've tried the Fobus snap-lock holsters, but they're kind of a hassle in just everyday activities, and too noisy. And they get hung-up on things unexpectedly.

What, exactly, is the benefit of the Fobus concealed holsters, I wonder?
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

11. I'm 5'8 and weigh 190-200.
    Seems like the Crossbreeds are the winner. They are the only ones who make an Xdm holster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast