Concealing full sized pistols - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealing full sized pistols

My thoughts

During a training class I had the chance to ( try ) a A.I.W.B. Holster was very comfortable was called " archangel " by Dale Fricke just a thought.
    I am 5'11 average build

Forgot gun is G-22 full frame

I too carry the xdm 40 full size, in all honesty I use an uncle mikes holster which is easy to find and was one of my only choices as I am left handed. I'm the best representing person for this I'm 6'3 at a staggering 135 lbs, and yes that's why I carry, I'm a twig but I never print and its comfortable with a semi loose t shirt and can even carry with shorts... No need to dress gangster with clothes 4 sizes to big, that'll raise more suspicion than a little bit if printing, besides the only way people would know is if they were staring at your belt level or following way too close. I hope this helps you..

I usually carry my compact XD-45, but as I just moved across the country, (Glad to finally be able to carry again, the wife and I felt so much safer from AZ to FL) I switched to my 1911 full size after my XD holster turned up broke right before the move. Also, wanting to have the extra safeties on a just in case while the dogs and wife moved around looking for snacks and drinks.

For me, it fit nicely between the car seat and the center console while driving, and when I got out of the car, I simply put it in the holster. I can admit I looked foolish with a cover shirt on, BUT, I was a safe fool. If it was more than to pump gas, I carried it in my backpack over one shoulder so I could easily get it in a hurry.

Good luck, but what I was always told was do what feels right to you, but practice practice practice with whatever method you choose. There is no right or wrong here. Getting caught with your gun in your holsterwhen you need it in your hand because you didn't practice the draw is not when you want to say Oops.

I too carry a full sized pistol XD45 IWB. I'm 5'11" 180.I live in Texas, so you have to have your shirt untucked otherwise you will sweat to death. Try different holsters till you find the one you are comfortable with. So gun shops will allow you to carry into the store unloaded. See what works for you and go for it.

7. Just ordered a Super Tuck.
    Till then I'm using a Serpa at 4 o'clock and an unbuttoned button up shirt... prints just a bit...
    I watched YouTube movies on the Crossbreeds and was sold! Can't see a thing!

8. I'm 6'0" with a thin build, and in the past I've given up the thought of CC a full size. Anybody who falls into that same body size found a good solution?

Wilderness safepacker.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingadam View Post
    I'm 6'0" with a thin build, and in the past I've given up the thought of CC a full size. Anybody who falls into that same body size found a good solution?
    Get an inside the waistband holster and carry at 4 or 5 O'Clock while wearing clothes that are somewhat loose. Or when you can, carry in a shoulder holster with a jacket on. Very easy thing to do.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Supertuck.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast