Canton, OH Stop Revisited w/ Police Trainer - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Canton, OH Stop Revisited w/ Police Trainer

  1. TekGreg, Yea I know it's going to take some time and now that I am back in Ohio I am going to find ways to get involved on helping that law get changed or totally removed.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    In Ohio, our CCW classes were told to NEVER buy one of the CCW badges as they can be considered "Impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer" and get you in a lot more trouble than the need to inform. No one in Ohio is supposed to be flashing a badge except actual law enforcement officers (LEO).
    I notice you are pretty new, so I will be gentle.

    CCW Badges are pretty much a running joke here, since "we don' need no stinking badges"...

    G50 will put in a mention whenever there is a place into which one can possibly be squeezed...

    Having one would be pretty hard to make stick as impersonating, not to mention that MOST officers would be so busy laughing that they would probably screw up the arest.

  4. As lame and ridiculous as cc badges are, you can not be charged with impersonating an officer unless you use it on a police uniform, identify yourself as a police officer, or the badge itself says something about police

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    What a bunch of bull. 25% failure rate in business? I'd love to know where he gets that stat. i never had a work force where 25% of my employees failed at their job. This LEO has some serious anger issues. He couldn't keep a job at Burger King with that behavior. Look at that video again. this isn't some guy having a bad day. This is an accomplished lunatic. People don't go that far over the edge just once. This is part of his personality. He needs help.
    BC1, Corporate employees are not watched as closely as LEO's or other public employees. Corporate employees are not always fired when found to be "failures." As a matter of fact, I and my family have worked in many of the Fortune 500 and seen people in the same chair for many, many years that could definitely be considered a "failure" at their job, but for one reason or another, no one ever got around to removing them from the company. I would say their waste of corporate time, resources, morale and synergy would definitely still qualify them as a "failure" and I can personally attest to an even greater than 25% rate in some corporations larger than 7,000 people.

    This is just a personal observation, but I'm sure if others look at it in this light, they can see "failures" in other businesses and corporations for what they truly are.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Not so much.

    It depends ENTIRELY upon where you are. There are places (like Chicago, New Orleans and Philadelphia) where a Harless can not only get by, he can PROSPER. If he's in the right environment, a cop can shoot an unarmed man, lie about it, get found out, and still get promoted. It happened in Chicago with Officer Alvin Weems. He murdered a guy and got promoted to detective. He recently ate his own gun... YEARS after the crime, and while an active cop.

    Don't kid yourself about "bad apples" getting "weeded out". It took Weems "weeding" HIMSELF out.
    Deanimator, I believe in most jurisdictions Police Chiefs are appointed by the Mayor or the City Counsel. This means that a corrupt force most likely flows from the top down and therefore starts from the elected officials. Were I in one of these jurisdictions, I would make sure I was voting against ALL of them. Secondly, letters and e-mail to the FBI to investigate the police corruption is the only chance to get something done legally. Also maybe the ACLU could push for action on the part of the FBI to clean out the [email protected] However, nothing gets done until someone starts the ball rolling and the complaints start piling up on someone's desk that can do something. Yes, it can and does happen. Now what will the people do to stop it?

    Another quote from Edmund Burke: "All that’s necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    I notice you are pretty new, so I will be gentle.

    CCW Badges are pretty much a running joke here, since "we don' need no stinking badges"...

    G50 will put in a mention whenever there is a place into which one can possibly be squeezed...

    Having one would be pretty hard to make stick as impersonating, not to mention that MOST officers would be so busy laughing that they would probably screw up the arest.
    Ah, got it! I'll keep an eye out for G50 and the running "badge" joke from now on. Thanks for the heads up!
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    As lame and ridiculous as cc badges are, you can not be charged with impersonating an officer unless you use it on a police uniform, identify yourself as a police officer, or the badge itself says something about police
    Just passing along what our LEO trainers told us. Actually, they were not so worried about our misrepresentation of the badge, but a bystander can claim that a badge was presented and that the holder claimed to be LEO. If you own a badge, that claim then has to be investigated; if you don't own one, then the claim was obviously a lie.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    TekGreg, Yea I know it's going to take some time and now that I am back in Ohio I am going to find ways to get involved on helping that law get changed or totally removed.
    Glad to see someone else in there with me fighting!
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

  10. Sometime the police dept has bad leaders from the top who say things and cover up bad things and if they do this for a long time the entire force is out of control. So in some towns it 90% of the force and only the new cops are doing what they learned in the academy. till they are retrained by the older cops then they are bad too, sometimes the fbi gets the police charter taken away if it's a small town and the couny can cover it or the city get a oversight review and training mandate it has happen. I wished the fbi did more.
    Do they even have a full time dept to cover bad police forces. prob not!
    that dept would be the ones who for real serve and protect. it seems the policeforces just serve and protect
    city GOV, the kings guard.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    Sometime the police dept has bad leaders from the top who say things and cover up bad things and if they do this for a long time the entire force is out of control. So in some towns it 90% of the force and only the new cops are doing what they learned in the academy. till they are retrained by the older cops then they are bad too, sometimes the fbi gets the police charter taken away if it's a small town and the couny can cover it or the city get a oversight review and training mandate it has happen. I wished the fbi did more.
    Do they even have a full time dept to cover bad police forces. prob not!
    that dept would be the ones who for real serve and protect. it seems the policeforces just serve and protect
    city GOV, the kings guard.
    The FBI won't do anything about things the public doesn't complain about. I mean, if the public doesn't care that their police force is corrupt, why should the Fed waste resources cleaning it up? If complaint after complaint hits their office and the ACLU gets on the news complaining, then it looks bad if the FBI doesn't do something. Someone has to start the ball rolling.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast