The best place for a man to carry a concealed weapon
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best place for a man to carry a concealed weapon

1. The best place for a man to carry a concealed weapon

I'm new to this ccw idea, and I've been looking at the various holsters,and most, seem to me to be easily detected, of course, too, I'm looking for them in the pictures/videos I've seen. I'm 6'-01" and weigh about 240, is there a best carry location for someone my size? My weapon of choice is a Glock 19.

Thanks, Mark

Cross Breed between 4 O'clock and 5 O'clock. Works best for me and I'm what you would describe as "healthy" or "stocky".

Mark, the best advice I can give you is to try several holsters, and positions and see what best fits YOU. the way I carry might not work well for you. I have a few different types of holsters depending on what I am wearing or weather etc. I do carry in the same spot every day but sometimes in the waist band others out.... I use the galco IWB it is very much like the crossbreed just a littel cheeper price wise. I didnt thnk I would like it at first but I have to tell you it really is comfortable mores so then I thought it would be. I also carry OWB and wear baggie shirts or an over shirt... I live in San Antonio and it is SUPER hot here I also travel to FL quite often and carry there (Legaly) and have never had issues with carring. BUT you need to find your comfort zone and then practice your draw and stuff like that. wear your normal clothing and see how it looks..... I tell my girl friend the only time it is ok for a man to ask if this looks ok on me is to see if his gun is "printing" haha

Oh yeah and I am a big guy so it is sometimes hard for me to carry I am 5'9'' and 260..... ish

6. "I tell my girl friend the only time it is OK for a man to ask if this looks OK on me is to see if his gun is 'printing' haha

Mongo like!

7. Same goes with asking if a store has a mirror.... Haha

The best place for a man to carry is between his ears, because he doesn't have anything there anyway.

Ha ha! Just kidding. No, don't get mad! I couldn't resist, dangit.

But jeepers, at 6'1" and 240, do you need a gun? Like, a mean look and a little snarl ought to send someone running.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl:217824
    The best place for a man to carry is between his ears, because he doesn't have anything there anyway.

Ha ha! Just kidding. No, don't get mad! I couldn't resist, dangit.

But jeepers, at 6'1" and 240, do you need a gun? Like, a mean look and a little snarl ought to send someone running.
    Maybe add some drooling?

10. I'll agree with the Cross breed at between 4 and 5 o'clock. There are a gillion holsters out there Mark. Many good ones. I have a cross breed that has turned out to be the most comfortable. Not to mention the ease it is to draw from and re-holster. And my weapon of choice is a Glock 26.

I carry a G22 full size. Get an inside the waistband holster and carry at 5 O Clock with loose clothing, or get a shoulder holster and wear a jacket.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast