Questions that references are asked.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions that references are asked....

I don't know how difficult they are compared to other NYS counties. They don't give carry permits away, that's for sure. I bet a lot of people don't even pursue a CCW here because it's such a hassle.

We don't need no steenkin references!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

4. Thanks everyone! I kind of thought it would be the usual personality type questions. Just wanted prepare them. I am glad I don't live in upstate NY Compadre! Thanks again everyone!!!

I have had permits for quite a long time here in PA. The Sheriff's Dept. in my county is pretty gun friendly.
    I don't believe that any of my references have even been called. When I was a reference for a friend in an adjoining county they never called me either.

CT no longer requires them because of a court case that went before the state supreme court several years ago, IIRC. SC doesn't require them. Typically a "shall-issue" state won't require them because they are basically a waste of time.

In Hillsborough Co, NH they will call the references, and ask questions like how's the personality, is the person aggressive, stuff like that. Easy to get through if you supply the right references.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12