Citizen makes arrest in Skyway shooting
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizen makes arrest in Skyway shooting

Question Citizen makes arrest in Skyway shooting

What do you make of this? How many of you carry them? and why?

SKYWAY, Wash. -- Police say an armed citizen helped arrest a man who shot another man late Saturday in the Skyway neighborhood south of Seattle.

King County sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said the victim was shot just before 9 p.m. during an argument in the parking lot of the US Bank branch at 12610 76th Avenue South.

A man not involved in the dispute who was using the ATM at the bank pulled out his own gun and pointed it at the shooter, Urquhart said.

Urquhart said the man is licensed to carry the weapon and also had handcuffs with him, although he is not a member of law enforcement.

By the time police arrived, the Good Samaritan already had the suspected shooter cuffed and disarmed.

"That's very unusual, very surprising, and not recommended," Urquhart said of the citizen who intervened. "This guy did a great job, but we don't recommend doing that. You certainly do that at your own risk."

The man who was shot was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries, but he is expected to survive.

Investigators are looking into whether a dispute over drugs may have prompted the shooting.

Citizen takes down gunman after shooting in Skyway | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Local & Regional

One of them sheepdogs maybe? Oh, that's gonna stir it up again! :-)

"That's very unusual, very surprising, and not recommended," Urquhart said of the citizen who intervened. "This guy did a great job, but we don't recommend doing that. You certainly do that at your own risk."

Without a doubt, this good samaritan took a great risk in helping the injured person. It makes me proud, however, to know that a private citizen took action given the state of affairs in this country. Most would have turned away and cleared the area. No one wants to get involved. We don't seem to want to help each other anymore. Fear of reprisal? Who knows? Anyway, I'll bet the injured person was glad someone helped save his bacon.

Carrying handcuffs? Really? - That is truly unusual! He's there and he doesn't know if the BG is going to come after him. He stops him. OK. I'll buy that part.
    I've carry my gun, spare mag, and some other stuff. But handcuffs too?

Psalm 82:3-5

Mall-ninja-cop-wannabee-cuff-packing idiot. Lucky this time.

Good thing the bad guy didn't take advantage of the moment and resist while the mall ninja was attempting to hook him up. This might have ended differently.

Holding a bad guy-great! Hooking him up? Thats a real risk that only cop wannabees do.

-Doc

"Mall ninja"--probably a good description. Glad it ended safely.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Me and my gun (hmm, maybe the title for the next great song?) are going to protect me and my family. Only. Gabe Saurez wrote a great piece in that regard and if it's good 'nuff for him then it's good 'nuff for me and am glad such a notable person as that agrees!

If a person I don't know is being delt with violently by another then my weapon to help will be my cell phone. Many will disagree and that's fine, to each his or her own.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Did he have his CCW badge as well?

10. I used to work as an armed guard at a nuclear plant. I was fully trained to handcuff someone. Maybe this guy was trained. Either way, i'm glad he didnt turn and run. He was someones hero that day

I agree with you OPENCARRYYES, I am trained also on take down and handcuffing an bg. I think people can make any choice they want in a situation like this but I'm sure if the roles were with their kids or family member they would be grateful and not so hard on this guy. We know nothing of his training. I keep my cuffs in my car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast