4:00 Conceal Position
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4:00 Conceal Position

1. 4:00 Conceal Position

Iv'e got a Springfield Armory XDm Compact 9mm. Never used a holster before but after reading the comments here it looks like the Crossbread Supertuck is the way I'm going to go. I think the 4:00 position would work best for me also. Being right handed I'm wondering if I should go with a right handed holster in that position or go left handed. I've tried just putting the gun in the waist band of my jeans to see what would feel more natural but can really tell. Both would seem to work. I'm 6'-3 and 280#. 40 inch waist.

What are you guys doing?

Thanks.

3. That is a good holster but like all of us you will need to explore the best method of carry for your body type. For most guys just behind the crest of their hip bone (illiac crest) at about 4-5:00 is a hollow which serves as a great place to hide a pistol. Depending on where you wear your trousers (below the gut, on the gut or above the gut) you may find on wasteband with some sort of cover garment to be more comfortable.
    "Get this through your head! We're not fighting to have everybody think the way we do, we're fighting so that people can think whatever they want! Even if they don't agree with us!"--Stalker, GI JOE #39

I carry a full size G22 around 4-5:00. Right handed. Feels great in that position and offers good concealment.

Where I carry depends on a lot of factors. I usually carry but forward at 10 o'clock any time that my manner of dress lets me get away with it. If not, then 4 - 5 o'clock seems to conceal the best for me. BTW, 6'3" and 350#, 52" waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky9mm View Post
    Iv'e got a Springfield Armory XDm Compact 9mm. Never used a holster before but after reading the comments here it looks like the Crossbread Supertuck is the way I'm going to go. I think the 4:00 position would work best for me also. Being right handed I'm wondering if I should go with a right handed holster in that position or go left handed. I've tried just putting the gun in the waist band of my jeans to see what would feel more natural but can really tell. Both would seem to work. I'm 6'-3 and 280#. 40 inch waist.

What are you guys doing?

Thanks.
    Stay to your strong-side. In "NRA Personal Protection Outside The Home" we teach only strong side draw techniques (OWB & IWB) as they are the fastest and safest. Avoid carrying small-of-back or cross-draw (unless in a car).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I have a similar sized gun, I like the 2:30 position, just in front of the hip and will at times move it back to the 4-5 position. I use an OWB holster, DeSantis.

Rich
    205lb - 5' 11"

8. Tried the IWB, but was never comfortable. Larger pants,and belt, extra shirts.

Now wear a OWB 'slim' holster to carry both my G17 & P207 with no issues or detection in the 4:00 position.

Just saying

I've tried the 4 o'clock position with my super tuck and i still can't perfectly hide the butt of the gun, even with the stubby grip of my M&P9c. Granted, my shirts are nicely fitted (not tight but not baggy either - I can't do the sloppy look). I tried the 3 o'clock position and it seems to work better for me. 5'9 and an athletic 190lbs.

When I carry my SW9VE, I use a Crossbreed mini-tuck originally made for a KT P-11. I adjusted the cant as far forward as possible. It's very comfortable. As long as my shirts are a little on the baggy side, you can't tell it's there at all. I'm 5'10" and about 290#. I usually wear a 3x t-shirt, or sz. 18 1/2 dress shirt. If I'm carrying my PF-9 or my 85UL, I just use a cheap leather IWB, still @ the 4:00 position.

11. I have the same gun using the crossbreed supertuck. I usually wear it at the 2:30 to 3:00 position. If I go any further back it is not comfortable when i am in the car or sitting in a chair. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast