carry on a motorcycle? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: carry on a motorcycle?

Thank you all. I was considering carrying the same way but I am still new to carrying and wanted to know if anyone had a way they like and find the best.

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    Thank you all. I was considering carrying the same way but I am still new to carrying and wanted to know if anyone had a way they like and find the best.
    Your welcome, just remember there is no perticular way to carry your weapon while riding, use whatever way is most comfortable for you and would allow easy access, also remember to practice safe handleing no matter which way you use, Stay Safe,

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Before I begin this small rant - I'm speaking from 28 years' experience shooting, and 19 years' experience riding.

Let's not be ridiculous. You are not Mad Max. This is not Bartertown. No way are you going to be drawing your firearm with your left hand while shooting from your bike. That kind of crap is best left to stuntmen.

If you find yourself in a situation while riding - it is best resolved with a suitable application of throttle or brake as appropriate.

With that said...you SHOULD practice drawing and firing with your off hand, but from your usual mode of carry. This becomes a real possibility if your shooting arm is injured in a mugging or similar situation.
    Just like you will never have to draw while driving a car?

I have never had to fire while riding, but I have done it and it aint no big deal. Handgun and .410 snake charmer. And you don't need to use your left hand, cruise control or throttle lock.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

I ride antique motorcycles so speeding away is not an option. Kias can blow me off. I have been cut off, run off the road and numerous finger waves because I ride at or just under the speed limit. No highway riding. Advantage is when I ride my Indians they have a left hand throttle and foot clutch, not that I am whipping out my .45 to plug a few holes in anyone although a few times I wanted to.

6. carry on a motorcycle?-hs10b-l.jpgcarry on a motorcycle?-hs10b-r.jpgcarry on a motorcycle?-hs10a-r.jpg
    I have never had to fire while riding, but I have done it and it aint no big deal. Handgun and .410 snake charmer. And you don't need to use your left hand, cruise control or throttle lock.
    OK, Edsworld, I just have to know: Did you hit anything?

BTW, I've read that old time motor cops liked Indians because the throttle was on the left. I have no idea if any of them ever really shot while riding, but they probably liked the idea that they could.

Hey, I know! Put an old High Standard Model 10 in a tankside holster. Maybe I can clamp the holster to the Givi bars alongside the tank on my Suzuki DL650...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

One other thought.. I live in Florida and IF I'm riding long distance during the summer.. I will frequently just put my pistol in the outside pocket of my Tank Bag.. It goes where ever I go and it's not sticking me, or poking me, or making me sweat in a specific spot.. It's Magnetic, so it comes right off.. and the pistol is probably just as accessible on the bike.

carry on a motorcycle?-nelson-riggtankbag.jpg

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    carry on a motorcycle?-hs10b-l.jpgcarry on a motorcycle?-hs10b-r.jpgcarry on a motorcycle?-hs10a-r.jpg

OK, Edsworld, I just have to know: Did you hit anything?

BTW, I've read that old time motor cops liked Indians because the throttle was on the left. I have no idea if any of them ever really shot while riding, but they probably liked the idea that they could.

Hey, I know! Put an old High Standard Model 10 in a tankside holster. Maybe I can clamp the holster to the Givi bars alongside the tank on my Suzuki DL650...
    Ya. The "Pass with Care Sign".
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Added a picture of my motorcycle! What do all of yours looks like?
    Here's mine - I'm hanging out while my battery charges.
    Attached Images Attached Images carry on a motorcycle?-img00008-20100529-1336.jpg 
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Here's mine, I'm sitting on it.

carry on a motorcycle?-bike.jpg
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

I joined up just to talk about this exact topic. I ride year round and was wondering the best way to carry on my Hayabusa. I've got a lot of great ideas from you folks and think i will get it worked out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast