carry on a motorcycle? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: carry on a motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Panheadzz View Post
    My antiques will do 140 in high gear.............if dropped from a plane.
    Seriously they are happiest at about 45-55 mph for the pre-50s ones. The post 50s can do highway speeds if I wanted them to with no problem. The problem is not if, but when they blow up it is expensive and a pain to locate parts.
    Hey, I got mine up to about 70 or 80 and realized that 1. My face couldn't handle the wind abuse without a helmet, 2. I probably shouldn't be riding that fast without a helmet (My T for Triumph scar on my forehead attests to that), and 3. I am nowhere near experienced enough to see if that 140 on the speedometer is for real. So I'm sure not gonna make fun of those sweet ol' cruisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpmo View Post
    I joined up just to talk about this exact topic. I ride year round and was wondering the best way to carry on my Hayabusa. I've got a lot of great ideas from you folks and think i will get it worked out.
    Hey bro, didnt know you were on here. I have pondered this situation many times. Most of the LEO's I ride with put it in the thank or tail bag. I am still not sure what I will do with mine. Seems like you would print if carried in the small of the back, and I am not sure how high my jacket would ride. I might need to get another jacktet that comes down further. Adding a shot of the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images carry on a motorcycle?-imag0199.jpg 

4. I carry the same way on or off the bike, OWB strong side. If things got bad enough that someone needs to be shooting while riding, well that is what the little lady is for . She rides with me and can access my 1911 while riding if she has to. I worry about the get away and she can handle anything else.

5. I ride a Supermoto so no saddle bags but when I ride I carry in the inside pocket of my riding jacket. My biggest reason for this is A) Should my shirt and jacket ride up while I am riding I don't want someone getting any crazy thoughts in their heads and freaking out when they see a firearm and than start aiming for me thinking they are going to be a hero only to find out I am legally carrying and B) In the event that I do go down chances are I will be favoring my right side and end up dragging on my right hip where my firearm would be which could possibly cause further injury or god forbid the dragging causes the hammer to drop than I have a whole other problem on my hands. Probably over-thinking it but I am a pessimist by nature.

Shoulder rig

I always wear a shoulder rig. It works for everything except swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    I always wear a shoulder rig. It works for everything except swimming.
    I am partial to the Galco Miami Classic myself.

Thats what I use for my 1911

Look for a leather jacket with a pistol pocket built in. Its what I use and recommend.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Look for a leather jacket with a pistol pocket built in. Its what I use and recommend.
    Coronado Leather | Handcrafted Firearm Concealment Leatherwear Handbags/ Luggage/ Jackets/ Law Enforecement

I carry as I always do.....Inside the belt line.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast