carry on a motorcycle?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: carry on a motorcycle?

carry on a motorcycle?

I just got my motorcycle licence, and a gift from my dad of a 1989 Yamaha Radian.
    My question is is there a way any of you know, and like the best to carry on a motorcycle?

I don't carry any differently while riding than when I'm not riding.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

4. Same for me, carry the same, all the time.

As the others I usually carry same way as normal. On a rare occasion I may use a shoulder holster.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

I carry the same either way also.

Item to concider

I agree with the other comments but one item to think about is having to draw while riding. If you are right handed you will have to take your hand off the throttle to draw. Several LEOs have told me you need to be able to draw with your left hand. I see thier point. I still carry the same on and off the bike myself, but just wanted to point out other things to think about. if you are going to carry to draw with the left hand ensure you practice that way.

Drawing with your left is a good point. The good thing is I am ambidextrous and usually carry ina way that I can draw with either hand (modified back harness).

Quote Originally Posted by champr View Post
    I agree with the other comments but one item to think about is having to draw while riding. If you are right handed you will have to take your hand off the throttle to draw. Several LEOs have told me you need to be able to draw with your left hand. I see thier point. I still carry the same on and off the bike myself, but just wanted to point out other things to think about. if you are going to carry to draw with the left hand ensure you practice that way.
    Before I begin this small rant - I'm speaking from 28 years' experience shooting, and 19 years' experience riding.

Let's not be ridiculous. You are not Mad Max. This is not Bartertown. No way are you going to be drawing your firearm with your left hand while shooting from your bike. That kind of crap is best left to stuntmen.

If you find yourself in a situation while riding - it is best resolved with a suitable application of throttle or brake as appropriate.

With that said...you SHOULD practice drawing and firing with your off hand, but from your usual mode of carry. This becomes a real possibility if your shooting arm is injured in a mugging or similar situation.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Before I begin this small rant - I'm speaking from 28 years' experience shooting, and 19 years' experience riding.

Let's not be ridiculous. You are not Mad Max. This is not Bartertown. No way are you going to be drawing your firearm with your left hand while shooting from your bike. That kind of crap is best left to stuntmen.

If you find yourself in a situation while riding - it is best resolved with a suitable application of throttle or brake as appropriate.

With that said...you SHOULD practice drawing and firing with your off hand, but from your usual mode of carry. This becomes a real possibility if your shooting arm is injured in a mugging or similar situation.
    He rides a motorcycle too?!

I agree that you won't be ridding and shooting but you might still need to twist the throttle and get out of there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast