Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping

Red face Ayoob's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Masaad Ayoob
    Carry a gun, have your badge. Carry your badge, have your gun.
    I guess by that advice one should always have their gun and CCW Badge in the same place.

3. In a small case between the bed and nightstand. It's a "three wheel" combination case that I always reset to 0-0-0 so I can spin the dials in the dark quickly to the code by feel. I keep my Kel-Tec P11 in there with three loaded magazines. I would prefer to have a finger-keyed safe, so hopefully I win the contest. :-D

As to EastOk's assertion, I have a friend who honestly ascribes to the "tattooed naked white man screaming coming at you with a machete in one hand and a .45 in the other" method of home defense. He used to live in a bad part of town, and successfully used this home defense method twice to scare out intruders.

..."tattooed naked white man screaming coming at you with a machete in one hand and a .45 in the other" method of home defense.

That method would definitely scare me away. Terrifying. haha...

Pistol in a bed holster that slips between the mattress and box spring (wife has one too).
    Carry pistol sits on the nightstand at night.
    12 Ga. pump against the headboard.
    12 Ga. semi-auto combat shotgun on the other side of the nightstand.
    The wife also has another pistol in the dresser.
    That's just the bedroom.

We don't have little kids anymore.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    I have a friend who honestly ascribes to the "tattooed naked white man screaming coming at you with a machete in one hand and a .45 in the other" method of home defense. He used to live in a bad part of town, and successfully used this home defense method twice to scare out intruders.

I think I just peed myself a little just imagining this. He wins.

In the night stand in a holster.
    NRA Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor

in the night stand by my bed and one in the chamber and extra mag.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

9. All of my kids are grown an no longer live with us so I ketep my XD9 SC on the nightstand next to the bed.
    When the grandkids stay with us I keep it in the safe.

Mine is stored in a holster on the dresser next to my bed. I keep it in the holster for safety since it is condition 1.

Under my pillow rests my Glock 23. It gives me sweet dreams.

No, really...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast