Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping

I'm not crazy enough to put one of my Glocks under my pillow.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Gun Vault next to the bed.

4. No Matter where you keep it train your little girl do not touch that gun for any reason.
    Now saying that I saw a story about a 10 year old boy who shot a man breaking into his home with his little sister in the house too. she was i think 8 the bad guy had a long rap sheet with sex crimes on it too. it's somewhere on one of these post. so maybe shooting training would be best. just I don't want anything to happen to your family so take care.

I keep my Glock 30 in an electronic handgun safe with a full magazine, chamber empty, and three spare magazines with it, along with my FNP 40 USG, loaded along with spare magazines. My Mossberg 590A1 stays at the foot of my bed with a full magazine tube, chamber empty and for extra shotshells in the stock. My AR is unloaded and locked up, but easily accessed.

In my nightstand...if the phone rings I do not want to answer the gun.
    The nightstand requires a logical step to retrieve but can be instantly accessed from the bed even while laying down.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Crazy!?!

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    It seems ridiculous to me that someone would sleep with a gun under their pillow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Jokes aside, gun under the pillow, no thanks. That seems a wee bit too dangerous to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTCHKIS View Post
    that's crazy..under the pillow! keep it on the nightstand next to the bed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Im with CHE, seems dangerous to me.

Absolutely... gun under pillow?!?! Give me a break! Idiotic!!

I sleep with pillow underneath my gun! :)

Ok, for the reals... H&K USP40 in drawer on my side of the bed. Ruger P89 in drawer on wife's side of bed. No longer have babies in and about the casa. Guess if/when we ever do again, we'll rethink placement. But, for now this works for us!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

On my nightstand. Just like this.
    ScottF

9. I suppose he would probably face some harsh criticism for it today, but my dad kept his gun where I could easily access it, along with the ammunition. For some reason, he kept it unloaded, but he did teach us kids how to load and use it. Granted, we were blessed enough that he was able to literally take us out back and teach us to use it. Not once did any of the four of us grab the gun when he wasn't around, for any reason. It was a .357 magnum and I first fired it when I was about 7 (that means my siblings were 11, 10, and 6) when he first got it. Oddly, even though he grew up on a farm, he didn't wind up with a handgun until then.

Long story short - he taught us to load it and fire it, and showed us where he kept it. We all had the proper respect for him and firearms in general so it was never a problem.

Now that I have a three-year-old, I find myself trying to figure out how to introduce him to the wonderful world of firearms. I just hope that I can do as well as my father did. For now, until he is older, I keep my firearms locked and out of his reach and I do well to teach him that they are off-limits.

Glock 21 on headboard, G-23, Taurus 9mm, 380, and NAA 22 mag in nightstand, 12 Gauge pump between nightstand and wall, on her side G-26 on headboard, Taurus 380, and another NAA 22 mag in nightstand, and 20 gauge pump behind closet door, thats all just in case somebody gets by the dog

I was raised around guns and taught by our father not to mess with them and that ever gun is loaded with one in chamber!

Taught my daughters the same. Had them shooting 38's when they were 10.....Always keep one in holster attached to headboard.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast