Car travel from SC thru and in MD, PA, NY and NJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car travel from SC thru and in MD, PA, NY and NJ

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

6. License: validity. Any license issued pursuant to this section shall be valid notwithstanding the provisions of any local law or ordinance. No license shall be transferable to any other person or premises. A license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver, not otherwise limited as to place or time of possession, shall be effective throughout the state, except that the same shall not be valid within the city of New York unless a special permit granting validity is issued by the police commissioner of that city. Such license to carry or possess shall be valid within the city of New York in the absence of a permit issued by the police commissioner of that city, provided that (a) the firearms covered by such license have been purchased from a licensed dealer within the city of New York and are being transported out of said city forthwith and immediately from said dealer by the licensee in a locked container during a continuous and uninterrupted trip; or provided that (b) the firearms covered by such license are being transported by the licensee in a locked container and the trip through the city of New York is continuous and uninterrupted; .

I don't see that as "needing special permission" to transport thru NYC. I read it as your permit as issued by your county in NYS is not valid in NYC without the NYC endorsement. I as a PA resident passing thru would not need to get the NYC endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I don't see that as "needing special permission" to transport thru NYC. I read it as your permit as issued by your county in NYS is not valid in NYC without the NYC endorsement. I as a PA resident passing thru would not need to get the NYC endorsement.
    Maybe not but don't stop anywhere.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Exactly the point. They will still arrest you despite this. If you don't have a NYC permit, you're under arrest no matter what. They will treat you like a criminal and put you through the system at your own expense and reputation. This is one reason why we consider NYC to be another country. They will not recognize fed law unless made to do so in a court proceeding. For all intensive purposes and according to federal law, I too should be able to transport through NYC on my way to another state.

From the NRA/ILA

It is unlawful for any person to carry, possess or transport a handgun in or through the state unless he has a valid New York license. A provision of federal law provides a defense to state or local laws which would prohibit the passage of persons with firearms in interstate travel if the person is traveling from any place where he may lawfully possess and transport a firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm and the firearm is unloaded and in the trunk. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Upstate NY treats NYC just as badly (and they deserve it). A NYC permit does not give you the right to carry the gun anywhere in the state other than NYC. Anf generally your NYC permit does not allow for a CCW but is a permit to posses. Seems that NYC and NYS are even at odds with each other. They don't recognize each other's permits.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

5. Not in NY. And especially NYC. You better be just traveling thru the city or they will cuff you on weapons charges.Even us permit holders in NY can't step foot in NYC with a pistol in the car unless we are going to a gunsmith and leaving right after. In NY, your only allowed to have the gun in your truck or under all your luggage. Unloaded. Which according to NY Penal law means no Ammunition in the magazine period. Or any magazines for that mater. Trigger lock as well! And ammo sperate from the guns location, meaning you can't have both the gun and ammo in the same box/case/luggage/bag or w.e.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12