Warning: Oregon does *NOT* have reciprocity!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Oregon does *NOT* have reciprocity!

1. Warning: Oregon does *NOT* have reciprocity!

There was some confusion this morning over the passage of an Oregon bill. The bill in question started life as a "complete reciprocity" bill, but was gutted and transformed over time, ending with not a word about reciprocity in it. It is now solely about how to legally carry on a motorcycle and ATV, with a little thrown in on changes to how felons can re-gain their gun ownership rights.

Oregon does not recognize any Concealed Carry permit other than an Oregon CHL.

Just another beautiful state that will never make a dime off of me, just got back from two weeks in Sedona dropping money in hotels, grills and tours, open carry state, got to love it money well spent.

Being from there with family still there, I got all excited to see the unexpected news, to have it all come crashing down.

Well to the Oregon State Legislature, I changed my mind. I will NOT be spending any time OR MONEY in your state afterall. I urge everybody to send this same message to the Oregon State Legislature and the agency(s) that peromote Oregon.

And we plan to go to Oregon next year...they ain't gonna get my money either. Fat chance in hell!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I guess Oregon can only trust it's residents to carry concealed. When I questioned this I was told it was because other states don't require as much training as Oregon does. Let's see, all that is required here is a NRA class, 21 or over, a state resident and not a felon. Shooting a weapon is not a requirement. I must be missing something, I know some states require more.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

8. Hey, you can still open carry here. :-D

I'll be pushing to get another reciprocity bill next session (2011.) And thankfully, my own state representative won't be a massively anti-gun rep. (She's running for city council. Against someone who isn't exactly "pro-gun", but hasn't expressed "anti-gun" sentiment either. I'm voting for the incumbent. It's too bad, really, as I agree with my state rep on nearly everything else; but this one is a deal-breaker, she's so vehemently anti-gun.)

9. Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I guess Oregon can only trust it's residents to carry concealed. When I questioned this I was told it was because other states don't require as much training as Oregon does. Let's see, all that is required here is a NRA class, 21 or over, a state resident and not a felon. Shooting a weapon is not a requirement. I must be missing something, I know some states require more.
    Yeah, the reasoning is completely arbitrary. And I wouldn't trust *ANYONE* to state an actual "reason" for it. (Except maybe the lawmakers from 1989 when the law was passed.)

Blog Entries
    I wish that OR would have recognized my NV CCW last Feb when I had to go to WA for my oldest son. Open Carry is all good, but when Im not allowed to have my pistol loaded in the cab of my pickup without a CCW, thats the issue. In all reality I should drive up and take a CCW class to get my Non-Res permit, but Im not in OR enough to justify it.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

11. When did this happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast