When you carry do you have a round in the chamber? - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: When you carry do you have a round in the chamber?

I do and if you keep your finger off of the trigger and keep the gun holstered it will never fire on you. I even carry appendix with no fear do to the fact I have a holster and the only way my gun fires is if the trigger is pulled.

3. In my normal carry gun, I carry all 6 chambers loaded...

Quote Originally Posted by lshiry View Post
    If I am carrying my Beretta, I have it chambered with the safety on. If I am carrying my Glock, it is not chambered. I am researching aftermarket safeties for my Glock, so some day I can safely carry it chambered.
    SIDERLOCK | The Additional Safety for Glock pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    There was a recent attempted carjacking/robbery in a Dayton, Ohio gas station. It was caught on video.

Two druggies attacked a guy while he was trying to get gas. After a brief but violent struggle, he was able to shoot one of his attackers in the stomach twice. The other attacker fled.

By his own admission, if the victim had not had a round chambered, he might well have lost his gun and his life.

If you don't have confidence in carrying with a chambered round, carry a revolver... keeping in mind that if you're negligent enough, you can shoot yourself with ANY firearm as long as there's usable ammunition around.
    Obviously if you are going into a higher risk area (ATM, gas station, etc) you would want to have one in the chamber.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt View Post
    Obviously if you are going into a higher risk area (ATM, gas station, etc) you would want to have one in the chamber.
    Please allow me to understand what you are suggesting....

In lesser-risk areas one would carry with an empty chamber, right? Not sure where those "lesser" risk areas are, but I'm pretty sure you're implying that you know where they are in your area.

In higher-risk areas such as the ones you mention above, one would remove their weapon from its holster, rack the slide, and re-holster the weapon before entering the gas station or areas adjacent to an ATM, right?

Should the lesser-risk area actually buck the trend and have a bad-guy in it waiting to pounce on the first easy mark he sees, how is it safer to have an empty-chambered handgun?

Conversely, how is it safer to have to unholster, rack and reholster a weapon that, if chambered and stored safely in its holster without being removed or handled until needed, would present much less danger to self and others than the procedure previously-described?

And yes wolf_fire and telpinaro, people keep finding new ways to promulgate the myth that guns go off by themselves with a round chambered, and it is our responsibility to put the myth out of its misery. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. I carry a Kahr with a round in the chamber. I practice drawing until my elbow aches.

7. Man I do not beleive some of you guys! You do not have a chance without a round in the chamber! Mot shoots are too fast for you to have time to rack a round!

Quote Originally Posted by denubilo View Post
    Man I do not beleive some of you guys! You do not have a chance without a round in the chamber! Mot shoots are too fast for you to have time to rack a round!
    Stats please or even two or three newspaper articles over the last five years showing somebody was killed or injured while trying to chamber a round. Please don't include the one inconclusive video of the jewelry store robbery.
    “If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011