When you carry do you have a round in the chamber? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When you carry do you have a round in the chamber?

Blog Entries
    And a gun with an empty chamber is an UNLOADED gun...

I do now. I have evaluated the arguements pro and con and I believe that for me and my carry situation, keeping a round in the chamber is the best option.

I think that carrying an unloaded pistol is pretty useless. Why carry at all,if you have the chamber empty and might need the weapon in a pinch and realize it is empty. You already have enough problems, now your weapom is dead and in that situation, the gun owner could very well end up the same way. I have a few pistols packed high in the closet for such problems. I hope it never happens, but its safer to be sure.

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee
    If you have time, during an incident, to jack a round into the chamber, then you have time to avoid the incident. As others have pointed out, keep your finger away from the trigger when holstering and drawing, and do not touch the trigger until you are on target.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

I carry my m&p 357 sig with one up the pipe. Some times I carry my 1911 cocked and locked. No problems here.

How many threads do we need to devote to this same topic?

I carried an empty chamber for about 1-2 days, just to get comfortable with the idea and now I have never looked back and wouldn't think of carrying with an empty chamber.

YES!! I have one in the chamber ready to go as soon as the safty is switched off. I am old and disabled to a degree and therefore maybe a little slower. So, I figure if anything is going to happen it will be close and fast coming. I just want every advantage that I can have to protect myself and/or my family. Just my opinion, thanks for reading this. Toby

10. If you don't carry locked and loaded, you are only carrying extra weight.

I carry an M&P 45. Always with one in the chamber.

A special note for "trigger safety" or "no safety" firearms - MAKE SURE YOUR HOLSTER IS NOT WORN OUT. I'm referring specifically to the part that covers the trigger guard. There was a guy recently who had an accidental discharge from this. The mouth of his IWB holster "folded over" and got under the trigger, causing the gun to fire when he got seated in his car. No serious injury...just a band-aid, some upholstery repair, some body work on the undercarriage, and probably a ruined pair of underwear. Thankfully.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast