When you carry do you have a round in the chamber? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When you carry do you have a round in the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How many threads do we need to devote to this same topic?
    Any issue of safety should come up as often as newbies need it. I realize that a search of the forums would find old instances of the issue, but people don't always think to do that. Anyhow, good advice is always good to find.

Carry a Glock 26 all day every day, always has a round in chamber, only makes sense to me to always keep it condition 1, like stated above if you practice safety, and remember to keep your finger off the trigger unless engaged on a target, you will not have a problem......

LOL the answer to the problem was a picture so I don't think it's math....i was choosing between that and x + 1 = 365/24/7 but someone would post x = 1.172619047619048.

Cocked Locked and Loaded, if you need a reminder your gun is loaded all the time you don't need to be carrying a gun. If you are one of the hundreds of folks I have seen at gun shows picking up a weapon and placing finger on the trigger while you point the gun in every direction, you are to stupid to have a weapon in your possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    LOL the answer to the problem was a picture so I don't think it's math....i was choosing between that and x + 1 = 365/24/7 but someone would post x = 1.172619047619048.
    Owie my math brain!

WV, 3rd bridge south, second girder in, deep amidst the shadows
    Et Al,
    Carry one in the chamber? An empty chamber gives one a very false sense of safety. It also leaves you with a very expensive item to hit or throw at your attacker(s). PRACTICE, PRATICE, Practice with an empty revolver, pistol, then load it, chamber a round if semi auto and refill the magazine and put it back in the pistol. HOLSTER IT! Mexican carry is an accident looking for a location to occur.

X + 1 = number of rounds in the magazine and the chamber. Range time, range time, range time, reload, reload, reload.

As a group we have taken the responsibility of carrying, let us not fall into complacency of false security.

Take care and be safe
    pfb
    " A congressman with a vote is more dangerous than a redneck with a brand new and loaded gun."

All well and ready to go.......
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I alternate between a Ruger LCP and a Ruger LC9 depending on clothing/ability to conceal, and I ALWAYS carry with a round in the chamber. I chose these two pistols because of the long trigger pull and narrow frames/easy to conceal profiles, AND because in going from one to the other I don't have to think much about which gun is in my hand and how it performs. And to make SURE they perform pretty much the same, I removed the thumb safety and the magazine safety from the LC9. With the long, firm trigger pull the thumb safety is redundant and it was literally a pain in my side when carrying the gun concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If you don't have confidence in carrying with a chambered round, carry a revolver...
    Seriously? I think those 7 filled holes in the cylinder of my .357 are in fact 'chambered rounds'! If you want to carry heavy artillery that gets the job done, especially in the case of bears and such (I'm armed for both people and critters in the woods), you're probably not going to be using a semi-automatic!

If your afraid to carry with a rd chambered, then maybe you should not carry the gun at all, if its needed in a critical situation, it will be useless,

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast