1st time carrying concealed today... - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st time carrying concealed today...

Quote Originally Posted by sooners2win View Post
    I've never really been nervous about carrying, or nervous about printing. If I print, I print....main thing for me is does it stay concealed.
    It really depends on what State you live in. In Michigan I don't worry since open carry is legal it really doesn't matter if you print or even expose your weapon. You can open carry in many places where you can't carry concealed if you have a CPL. I do like to keep it concealed though.

Living in Florida, I used to worry about carrying often. Until recently, Florida law stated that a concealed weapon had to be totally concealed. If a weapon printed too strong or was accidentally exposed, even for a split second, it was considered a felony with a hefty prison sentence and fine. To the major dislike of the Florida Sheriffs Assoc., Gov. Rick Scott reversed that law. We are not an open carry state, but an accidental exposure is no longer a big deal.

i have to go to the post office today so i won't be carrying as i don't want to leave it in my vehicle while i go in because i don't have a vehicle safe and don't want to be seen breaking my gun down and stashing it in my vehicle somewhere ...but i read how someone had to leave their gun in their vehicle and they broke it down and kept the slide with them so if it was stolen no one could use it.....
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    i have to go to the post office today so i won't be carrying as i don't want to leave it in my vehicle while i go in because i don't have a vehicle safe and don't want to be seen breaking my gun down and stashing it in my vehicle somewhere ...but i read how someone had to leave their gun in their vehicle and they broke it down and kept the slide with them so if it was stolen no one could use it.....
    There comes a point when you reach diminishing returns and precaution becomes paranoia.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

would you leave your firearm in your vehicle if you didn't have a safe for it while going to the post office SGB?

Not only would I leave my loaded carry weapon in my truck. I carry a S&W .38 special in my truck all the time. Loaded and ready to fire. That's what door locks are for.

would you leave your firearm in your vehicle if you didn't have a safe for it while going to the post office SGB?
    Yes I would and yes I have. And I too keep a spare handgun in my vehicle when out and about.

so if i go to michigan with my florida permit i can open carry there? or must i keep it concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Yes I would and yes I have. And I too keep a spare handgun in my vehicle when out and about.
    in florida we can't even have a gun in our vehicle on post office property which included their parking lots .......might want to double check your law there regarding that?

in florida we can't even have a gun in our vehicle on post office property which included their parking lots .......might want to double check your law there regarding that?
    Then explain to me why I wasn't arrested when I mailed a declared Rifle recently. Going from a newbie to an internet expert took you no time at all. Seeing as you know it all you'll get no further advise from my ignorant a$$.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast