1st time carrying concealed today... - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 1st time carrying concealed today...

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    Also I believe that you can only mail long guns and not handguns.
    interesting if that is so, i wonder why?
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    Also I believe that you can only mail long guns and not handguns.
    Unless you're a FFL holder, which are allowed to send handguns through the mail FFL to FFL. Also note there is a Florida statute that allows a FFL holder or it's employee to be armed while transporting firearms, which would fill the "Official Purposes" portion of the US code previously cited when mailing firearms at the Post Office.

ETA- Statute correction

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    just answer the question as an instructor please and not try to hurl personal insults
    if one of your students asked you if you thought it was ok to carry any way in a post office or should they leave their rig in the vehicle before going to the post office what would you tell your student?
    or would you advise them to simply not carry or keep your gun in your vehicle at all when going to a post office?

Your highness lost the privilege of advise from me when you told me to go back and check the law. As far as I'm concerned you're the legal Internet expert.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ???????????????????????? and still you evade my simple question
    geesh i don't know where your teach but i don't think i would want an instructor with your kind of attitude

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ????????????????????????
    No offense Eagle, but your better off just giving up. Your not going to win this, do what you think is right.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

not trying to win anything here well the giveaway but on this thread all i wanted was an honest answer and it seems like sgb is not willing to give me a straight answer

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Unless you're a FFL holder, which are allowed to send handguns through the mail FFL to FFL. Also note there is a federal statute that allows a FFL holder or it's employee to be armed while transporting firearms, to inclued mailing them at the Post Office.

Your highness lost the privilege of advise from me when you told me to go back and check the law. As far as I'm concerned you're the legal Internet expert.
    Please cite the actual law with a link to it for research purposes? As a holder of an FFL I would be very interested to discover that my FFL exempts me from that "no guns" Postal regulation I cited in an earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwruss View Post
    Kind of get the feeling that there'll be a story in the paper soon about a person who had just acquired a permit that shot themselves in the foot, or worse.
    I'm thinking it's going to be a story of a new permit holder that got into an argument at a Publix and threw down on someone and caught a felony menacing case
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Please cite the actual law with a link to it for research purposes? As a holder of an FFL I would be very interested to discover that my FFL exempts me from that "no guns" Postal regulation I cited in an earlier post.
    My apologies it's not federal code it's Florida statute which satisfies the "Offical Purpases" portion of the earlier cited US Code which unfortunately is meaningless in Michigan.

790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:
    i) A person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person while engaged in the lawful course of such business;

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm thinking it's going to be a story of a new permit holder that got into an argument at a Publix and threw down on someone and caught a felony menacing case
    smmfh!!!!!!!!!!

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ???????????????????????? and still you evade my simple question
    geesh i don't know where your teach but i don't think i would want an instructor with your kind of attitude

Here again you've already stated that you know all the answers. I've repeatedly told you why I'm no longer answering your questions. Eventually even the thickest idiot will get the hint.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast