If you carry in your pocket... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you carry in your pocket...

Lint and dirt are unavoidable with pocket carry. Regular cleaning is a must. I make my own holsters, one for the handgun, the other for the magazine. I wear cargo style 95% of the time, so I keep my knife, wallet, keys, and phone in there. If i'm not wearing cargo style, I don't carry the second mag. My p238 is primarily a bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images If you carry in your pocket...-imag0345.jpg 

3. Quote Originally Posted by defender829 View Post
    I carry little or no change. A multitool (Leatherman) in a sheath is usually on my belt, or a small knife is in a pocket.
    With cargo pants you can carry what you like: Cell phone, ammo, kitchen sink, etc.
    Cargo pants sounds like an interesting way around the problem, but I figured that the pocket holster worked by gripping the pocket. Is that a problem with cargo pants (I obviously don't wear them, yet).

Quote Originally Posted by willyNH View Post
    Wallet holsters that disguise the gun and still allow it to function are controlled as nfa items. You do not want to be in possession of both the wallet and gun without a tax stamp. I believe they are aow's

-Matt
    You would be correct.

I'm looking for a holster for my p238 that covers everything but the grip and not the wallet shaped ones. Any suggestions with pics if possible?

Right now I'm using a small sock to keep my p238 in my pocket so no dirt or lint gets in the gun. Also I don't want the gun to get scratched when I lay it down

Quote Originally Posted by Usa007:226652
    I'm looking for a holster for my p238 that covers everything but the grip and not the wallet shaped ones. Any suggestions with pics if possible?
    Something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images If you carry in your pocket...-imag0343.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Usa007:226653
    Right now I'm using a small sock to keep my p238 in my pocket so no dirt or lint gets in the gun. Also I don't want the gun to get scratched when I lay it down
    Does that work? I clean mine at least once a week to get the lint out.

If you plan on carrying any gun for self defense everyday, you can try and keep it mint, but it is near impossible. If you want to keep the gun in prime condition, put it in a padded box. EDC will show it's wear eventually.

9. I can always make room for my S&W AirLite titanium 340PD .38 in a DeSantis nylon pocket holster. I have to put my keys, petty cash and Spyderco all in the weak hand pocket together. It's a burden I can bear. I'm too old for cut-offs now any way. With the pleated front shorts I'm good in any social scenario for the entire summer season.

You might want to check out Remora. They are good for pocket or IWB. They are sticky. There are no "attachments for IWB. You can place them anywhere and in any orientation you want. Look at their videos. I have a couple of them and they seem to actually do what they say. I have not used them much. Summer, so a large pistol IWB is contraindicated. The one for the pocket, I am waiting for my Boberg SR9s. It is too big to try with my Walter Model 9.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post

They also make them were the holster stays in your pocket.
    What is the point of that holster?!? Doesn't cover the trigger to prevent accidental discharge. Doesn't protect the gun from pocket lint or anything else you might have find its way into the pocket. It doesn't really even hide the look of a ugn in your pocket. I wouldn't even call that a holster.

As for the original quest, ive been wondering the same thing recently. I have an iphone in one pocket by itself or with some loose cash, receipts ect... (non metal stuff). The other fornt pocket has keys, box cutter for work, pen, change and generally a stray receipt or something. If i were to pocket carry, i would need my keys, phone, and gun in seperate pockets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast