If you carry in your pocket...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you carry in your pocket...

1. If you carry in your pocket...

I always carry keys in one front pocket and a pocket knife in the other. If you carry in a pocket holster, what do you do with your other "pocket stuff" like keys, change, pocket knife?

Thanks!

3. I always have my keys on a hook that I clip to my belt ( the keychain that looks like a climbing ring ) and depending on your knife you can always put it in your back pocket. Also I'm guessing since you pocket carry you have a 380, I just saw a pocket holster that forms over the pistol making it wallet shaped but with a hole for the trigger allowing for quick fire without removing the holster and can be put in your back pocket when not sitting.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I always have my keys on a hook that I clip to my belt ( the keychain that looks like a climbing ring ) and depending on your knife you can always put it in your back pocket. Also I'm guessing since you pocket carry you have a 380, I just saw a pocket holster that forms over the pistol making it wallet shaped but with a hole for the trigger allowing for quick fire without removing the holster and can be put in your back pocket when not sitting.
    Interesting.

Could you provide a pic? I would be leery of such a holster for fear that it might inhibit the movement of the slide. Or have they somehow accounted for that in the design?

I carry little or no change. A multitool (Leatherman) in a sheath is usually on my belt, or a small knife is in a pocket.
    With cargo pants you can carry what you like: Cell phone, ammo, kitchen sink, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeYukon View Post
    Interesting.

Could you provide a pic? I would be leery of such a holster for fear that it might inhibit the movement of the slide. Or have they somehow accounted for that in the design?

They also make them were the holster stays in your pocket.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

7. Here's the link

http://www.concealmentconcepts.com/pocketpal.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I always have my keys on a hook that I clip to my belt ( the keychain that looks like a climbing ring ) and depending on your knife you can always put it in your back pocket. Also I'm guessing since you pocket carry you have a 380, I just saw a pocket holster that forms over the pistol making it wallet shaped but with a hole for the trigger allowing for quick fire without removing the holster and can be put in your back pocket when not sitting.
    This holster comes from Stoner Holster and I carry it every day I wear jeans and shorts, which is every day. Here's a picture of it - the gun comes out of the holster and the holster "grabs" inside the pocket and stays in automatically as the gun is drawn. You also function normally - sit, stand, run, whatever. It is not uncomfortable to sit even from day one.

If you carry in your pocket...-backpocketholster.gif

I add a Cold Steel 5 1/2 Voyager Tanto serrated folder clipped to the off-side front pocket and a tactical light clipped in the off-side rear. Wallet is strong side front; keys, lighter, mini-survival kit, earplugs are off-side front. That's a standard loadout for a day running errands or hanging out in low danger areas. Add my Browning Hi-Power on an IWB holster and 2 double magazine holders and we're ready to go anywhere!
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post

They also make them were the holster stays in your pocket.
    Maybe it's just me but that looks like an AD waiting to happen.

As for the original question, pocket knife clipped on pocket, keys on belt loop, other stuff in pockets. Like defender829 I carry no change and donate what I get back from purchases.

I try to carry very little in pockets other than wallet as I tend to wear a hole in the pocket and stuff falls on the ground.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

10. Sorry.

This holster won't keep your weapon clean, and dirt and lint can cause a malfuntion

Get a holster that protects the weapon from both dirt and lint from your clothes

Wallet holsters that disguise the gun and still allow it to function are controlled as nfa items. You do not want to be in possession of both the wallet and gun without a tax stamp. I believe they are aow's

-Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast