Why Carrying Concealed is important.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Carrying Concealed is important.

1. Why Carrying Concealed is important.

When you are in concealment, you up your survival chances.

The late Carlos Hathcock USMC. said it best

"Navy Captain Norman D. Holcomb, Force Chaplain for U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Atlantic officiated the service. Chaplain Holcomb, a former Marine infantryman and sniper, served with Hathcock before joining the Navy. "I transferred from a sniper unit to an infantry unit and got shot shortly thereafter," Holcomb said. "The Gunny told me- that's what happens when you leave your cover and concealment go back to the grunts, you make yourself a target," Holcomb recalled Hathcock kidding him."

But was Carlos kidding?

Gunny Hathcock

Are you comparing cover and concealment in tactics to style of carry? Are you implying I drag around a bullet proof wall everywhere I go?

Nice story...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

5. I think what he is saying is Minimal attention, not so much natural. The art of surprise is our biggest weapon. Criminals not knowning whom is carrying a gun gives us the slight up at hand. They will think twice before robbing and looting our person/homes

Quote Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
    I think what he is saying is Minimal attention, not so much natural. The art of surprise is our biggest weapon. Criminals not knowning whom is carrying a gun gives us the slight up at hand. They will think twice before robbing and looting our person/homes
    So, by your logic, those who open carry are more likely to be robbed?

Wow, I cant believe anyone would rather rob a visibly armed person over one who isnt.....That would be one very crazy and stupid (read deathwish/wants to die) robber.......

Would you like to know why I dont believe it? Because here in the real world (not fantasy land like your mind) robbers/thieves want to stay alive just as much as you do..... Open carrying a weapon instead of hiding it is a MUCH BETTER deterrent than the thought that someone MIGHT be armed...

Quote Originally Posted by dojoman:223943
    I think what he is saying is Minimal attention, not so much natural. The art of surprise is our biggest weapon. Criminals not knowning whom is carrying a gun gives us the slight up at hand. They will think twice before robbing and looting our person/homes
    Please paint the picture (get it, you said the art....) of how you would surprise a bad guy already attacking you.

I think it's important to remember why we conceal: so we don't alarm everyone in our immediate vicinity (yes, there are a few people still phobic about guns and those who carry them) and so that in a multiple victim encounter we don't become the first priority (think security guard in a bank). By the time a BG is attacking me, I hope he's already well aware that I'm armed.

9. I have no issue with open carry. I'm sure areas where people OC there is little to no crime. However, for the areas that don't allow it or are "we fear guns" CC is our best defence.
    But I will say this, if you happen apon a criminal in the act or they see with the gun are you.......feared and left alone..... Or seen as a threat and Should be attacked? That is just an idea.
    I'll end with the simple fact I am All For Carrying, PERIOD. Be that OC or CC. This topic was nothing to do with OC so I responded in that of CC. Hope this answers the attacking questions you all presented.

10. Furthermore, I don't live in Fantasy Land...... The sleeping yuppies that think some Tall Dark Hansom Man will come to my rescue the second something bad happens those are Fantasy Land ppl. I have my training, I carry all day everyday(where I legally can) I have situational awareness and so on.
    I listen and read the news everyday. I know where violence is happen. Where ppl r getting robbed, sta bbed, shot, mugged, and so on. So unless you know me, which you don't, you "assume" you do, it is wise to not make accusations with nothing to back it up.

11. Last note: we are all on the same team. (OC and CC) stop turning this into some Football game or Red Corner/Blue Corner crap. Both sides have Pros and Cons, and I know you agree there. So instead of insulting and attackin one another (bc we have enough criminals to worry about w/o eachother) let's have civil non threatin insulting intelligent talks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast