The reality of Carrying Concealed
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The reality of Carrying Concealed

1. The reality of Carrying Concealed

Are you speaking of this reality?

It is important to remember that Mr. Baddie capitalizes on the element of surprise if he attacks us. Since action beats reaction, and we good guys and gals are forced to react to a spontaneous attack someone else initiates, we are already behind the speed curve. Therefore, the majority of our training and preparation should take this reality into account.
    Which is precisely why I would rather proactively deter a criminal attack against me, rather than relying solely upon being able to defend myself against an attack that has already begun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Are you speaking of this reality?

Which is precisely why I would rather proactively deter a criminal attack against me, rather than relying solely upon being able to defend myself against an attack that has already begun.
    If carrying a gun deterred crime, cops would never be attacked, stabbed, or shot. And yet it happens all the time. If a person is set on breaking the law, I doubt your open carry will stop them. Just as they aren't even scared of cops trying to stop them from breaking the laws their minds are set on breaking.

Hate to say it, but open carrying does not create a crime free zone everywhere that person walks.

Believe whatever you want to believe Deserteagle. History, statistics and research simply present FACTUAL information which proves that open carry will deter the majority of criminals. No where did I say it would deter all crime. But why would I choose to NOT engage in a behavior that was more likely to deter a criminal than not? Especially based on a "you'll be shot first" argument which has no basis in factual history, research or statistics?

Comparing Joe Citizen carrying a firearm to a uniformed police officer carrying a gun is completely ludicrous.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I'm no expert but I've read a few articles that recommended carrying concealed rather than openly. The jist of most of the articles point to the open carrier simply being the first target by armed thugs, or becomming the target of surprise from the rear grab attempts, both of which are prevented by CC. Just my .02, simply reporting what I've read, other than postings at a forum. To each his own however with each being armed with thier own set of beliefs and facts.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Comparing Joe Citizen carrying a firearm to a uniformed police officer carrying a gun is completely ludicrous.
    As is comparing over-the-hill boxer James Toney to a UFC fighter. Oh wait, they already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I'm no expert but I've read a few articles that recommended carrying concealed rather than openly. The jist of most of the articles point to the open carrier simply being the first target by armed thugs, or becomming the target of surprise from the rear grab attempts, both of which are prevented by CC. Just my .02, simply reporting what I've read, other than postings at a forum. To each his own however with each being armed with thier own set of beliefs and facts.
    Yet none of those articles can actually cite a reference to where those incidents have actually occurred in reality. Amazing, eh? We've got the one gun-grab incident by the lunatic in the bar that is mention in the articles of this forum, BTW the carrier of the gun was illegally carrying his gun at the time. That's it.... one example where's it's actually happened. One incident in serveral decades. Yet some people like to theorize that it's going to happen to every open carrier.

Believe whatever you want to believe Deserteagle. History, statistics and research simply present FACTUAL information which proves that open carry will deter the majority of criminals. No where did I say it would deter all crime. But why would I choose to NOT engage in a behavior that was more likely to deter a criminal than not? Especially based on a "you'll be shot first" argument which has no basis in factual history, research or statistics?

Lets take a look at your "factual" information from history, statistics, and research. Where is it?
    Oh an by the way, finding a couple stories written by journalists on the news is not research or factual.

Round and round and round we go! If we stop....... Nav LCDR wouldn't have anything to post! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Round and round and round we go! If we stop....... Nav LCDR wouldn't have anything to post! LOL!

GG
    Unless it is a main event fight, in which case there five rounds in UFC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast