when asked why?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when asked why?

1. when asked why?

It seems like the majority of people who don't carry guns don't see the reason behind carrying a gun and I'm starting to feel like a broken record trying to explain! I'm curious as to what other peoples reasons are. I for one may be borderline crazy but I don't trust a stranger as far as I can throw them and frankly I feel its better to expect the worst and be prepared then walk through life seeing rainbows and bunnies! Let's face it there are A LOT of sick people out there and after watching marathon after marathon of the first 48 I knew it was time to start packin :)

Another question is what if I end up getting arrested for using a pistol in a crime, which to me seems like a pretty stupid question. If I ever come into that unfortunate situation where I need to discharge my firearm then my life or that of my families was in danger and no amount of jail time would ever make me regret my decision

I carry for that exact reason. if me and my family ends up meeting of these sick folks and something were to happen to either of them I could hardly live with it. that would probably haunt me for the rest of my life. id much rather live with shooting scum than have someone die at that scums hands. I don't live in fear, I just live and prepare.

Look in the forums because there are many threads that have discussed these topics countless times.

Doesn't mean he can't ask it again. Geez.

also go to https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ read a bit they have insurance for members

I feel the same way. A very long time ago I remember the memorizing the Boy Scout motto-"Always be prepared'. A doctor I know asked me recently why I carry. He told me that was the job of the police to protect me. I told him about one of the times I had to draw my gun to protect my family and that there was not a cop in sight. The doctor responded I should have been submissive, to which I responded that it was impossible in dealing with a doped up man threatening me with a tire iron. It seems to me that the MAINSTREAM MEDIA is largely to blame. Even the tone of some media personalities saying the word "GUN" is negative. Gun owners are portrayed negatively. The millions of times a gun owner has had to use a gun to defend his(her)family or self is almost completely ignored. Once in awhile you here good story about a gun, but not often. Far more oten we hear tragic stories about careless gun owners and kids, which of course is tragic AND PREVENTABLE, but the slanted reporting shows me the media is predominately anti-gun. It is a good thing that in 1776 the people took a stand and refused to be sheep. Im a patriotic American who preferes to "hope for the best and prepare for the worst" and cling to my God and guns.

very well said Santa!!

9. Every time I get my NRA Magazine. (Life member). I take the "Armed Citizen" page and fold it and put it in my pocket. I always have 5 or 10 of these articles in my pocket.

When asked why: I tell them that's a stupid question and hand them 1 or 2 or 3 "Armed Citizen" articles.

If they want to discuss it further I say to them: How are you gonna feel if some thug beats the crap out of you and rapes or kills or injures your Child or Significant Other or Yourself while you're powerless to do anything?

Do you want to watch. Powerless to do anything. Or do you want to stay in the fight long enough to give them a chance to survive or get away?

I've made my decision.

If that doesn't convince them. Nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHerp View Post
    Doesn't mean he can't ask it again. Geez.
    Great point. Lets make another thread just like the other threads. Why not just discuss the same things over and over again and act like it's new. I love running in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Every time I get my NRA Magazine. (Life member). I take the "Armed Citizen" page and fold it and put it in my pocket. I always have 5 or 10 of these articles in my pocket.

When asked why: I tell them that's a stupid question and hand them 1 or 2 or 3 "Armed Citizen" articles.

If they want to discuss it further I say to them: How are you gonna feel if some thug beats the crap out of you and rapes or kills or injures your Child or Significant Other or Yourself while you're powerless to do anything?

Do you want to watch. Powerless to do anything. Or do you want to stay in the fight long enough to give them a chance to survive or get away?

I've made my decision.

If that doesn't convince them. Nothing will.
    Bob, carrying these articles or copies of these articles is a GREAT idea! You're right - if this doesn't sway them, nothing will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast