Confritation while Carrying today - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confritation while Carrying today

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    He said his outer shirt, not his only shirt. I think your reading a little too far into this. Don't be so aggressive.
    You are right. I misread it, and what the original poster did then was not considerably stupid after all, ASSUMING his undershirt was not tucked under the handgun or such... My apologies to Trophyhunter, apparently I get the prize today. May I add something tho? ...It's "confrontation".
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Being in the alcohol-peddling industry I've seen drunks call the cops on themselves numerous times. Oh, they think they're calling the cops on somebody else (like me for refusing to serve them, etc.) but they're the ones who get led away in cuffs. One guy actually had a felony warrant on him for skipping bail. Another drunk had given a waitress a $100 tip and apparently expected a little "affection" from her in the parking lot. When she refused his advances he called the cops and told them that he had paid her to have sex with him and now he wanted his $100 back. He was arrested for solicitation.

Sorry about getting off-topic but this thread brought back so many hilarious memories.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

4. Quote Originally Posted by tuts40:224234
    Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    He said his outer shirt, not his only shirt. I think your reading a little too far into this. Don't be so aggressive.
    You are right. I misread it, and what the original poster did then was not considerably stupid after all, ASSUMING his undershirt was not tucked under the handgun or such... My apologies to Trophyhunter, apparently I get the prize today. May I add something tho? ...It's "confrontation".
    Agreed and well said!

5. Choice your friends with care. ;-)

True story. Reminds me about a man who went to the sheriff to apply for a CCW. While being fingerprinted the deputy asked what kind of gun the man was going to carry. The man opened up his coat and showed the deputy his large revolver. Carrying a concealed weapon with no permit in the sheriffs office and showing it to the deputy. To top it off the fingerprinting took place in the intake room at the jail. This guy had the IQ of a doorknob, if that high.

To respond to everyones replys, Yes I had an undershirt on and I wad at my good friends cabin the couple that was arrested was invited through another person. Needless to say they wont be back. As to giving the reason I did for carrying,I truly didn't feel it was any of her business

If didn't think the situation was going to go that far. In the end it all worked out for us, and the 2 Idiots after they left in the deputies patrol car who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I was invited to my friends hunting cabin today for a party. While there inside the cabin,I took off my outer shirt off because it was hot. And at that point my Sidearm was exsposed.Thats when this half drunk lady through a fit that I was armed.

She proceeded to third degree on my reasonings I carryed a weapon I was polite and advised the main reason was because it was my constitutional right.

After her half drunk boyfriend came in,and calmed her down she proceeded to pull out a pipe (bowl) and started to light,and smoke pot at which time I bacame very angry and asked her why she was carrying an illegal narcotic and infriding on me,and others smoking in front of us.

Her stupid responce was because it made her feel good,and I responded by saying to her that carrying my weapon made me feel good then she became angry again.

She told me she was going to call the sheriff which she did. My buddy who owns the cabin asked her,and her boygriend to leave but before they could leave the sheriff showed up. After explaining what had happened to the deputies they ended up arresting her,and boyfriend for, possesion,driving under the influence.as I stood there pooring salt on the wound ( laughing) she said to deputies, why they werent arresting me.

They told her that I was legal to carry,and I wasnt drunk,and or in possesion of drugs.so all in all it was a sweet ending beiing that she called the sheriffs how stupid can poeple be?????
    Unfortunately,there is no limit to how stupid people can be.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Unfortunately,there is no limit to how stupid people can be.
    Everytime you succeed in making something idiot proof a bigger idiot comes along proving you wrong.

10. As for the reasoning behind carrying being simply "because it's my right"... How many other of our rights are attacked as "not being a right" regularly? People may debate the LIMITS of freedom of speech, religion, assembly, search & seizure, self-incrimination, etc, etc, etc, but even the most hardcore on either side of the aisle agrees that those are rights to some extent. There are plenty who think that the right to own guns is *NOT* a right at all. (See Illinois, DC, etc.)

I don't think it's the wisest reason to carry, but it is a valid reason to carry.

If that doesn't prove once and for all that pot makes you stupid, I don't know what does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast