Best states for CC of personal defense weapons? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best states for CC of personal defense weapons?

Some states have restrictions on carrying in public areas, but may define that term differently. Generally speaking, the "May issue" states in the northeast will have the most restrictions. Don't let the cheap $25 price of a New Jersey carry permit fool you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Obviously, the "concealed carry without a permit" states would be considered "best". But even those states have some regulations on when/where you can carry.

Oregon (as a whole) is very liberal: No gun registration of any kind, no permits needed for gun purchase or ownership. No-permit open carry unloaded ANYWHERE except.........
    Whats the sense of having a weapon if it's unloaded? By the time ya lock and load you'll be down for the count. Sounds pretty Liberal to me.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

fla...all cities must adhere to state law and cannot be more strict than state law....also no restriction on carry weapon
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Some states have restrictions on carrying in public areas, but may define that term differently. Generally speaking, the "May issue" states in the northeast will have the most restrictions. Don't let the cheap $25 price of a New Jersey carry permit fool you!
    South Carolina is a shall-issue* state. The asterisk indicates that yes the permit is issued on a consistant and fair basis, but it has so many exceptions to make it impractical for a lot of folks to carry.

6. I have to second the Fl vote. FL started the shall issue wave. Laws tend to be gun friendly and it continues to get better. Also, my CCW only took 11 days to from application to my mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by RemuvB4Flt:225682
    I have to second the Fl vote. FL started the shall issue wave. Laws tend to be gun friendly and it continues to get better. Also, my CCW only took 11 days to from application to my mailbox.
    And I'll third this...FL has become very CC friendly. Now we need campus CC.

NC has done a good job at "Shall Issue", IMHO. The recent passage of their version of the "Castle Doctrine" just about makes life beautiful "all the time"! (Took a voter repulsion of the Lib dominated State Congress in '10 to get it done! Finally!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12