Rethinking The Bat belt - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rethinking The Bat belt

I don't believe in "Good" neighborhoods.
    You don't live in Miami!

Besides the 'hood factor, I was also thinking about the terrain and the weather.

Since your DW drives you back and forth the amount of gear seems to be a negligible factor.Like in a trail walk day trip the less the better.

Once off work,I'd hang onto the knife and the flashlight.And don't forget your gun and an extra mag or speedloader!

Seriously that's all I carry on these mean streets here day or night.Being an overloaded pack mule like a lotta my cop friends is no picnic and might make matters worse if a balloon ever goes up.Leaner is better.Just make sure that the main tool is cool.

Once you start hiking the 9 miles the scenario completely changes so at that point I would go back to my original 'environment' question.

With my SoFla mindset that 18 mile RT distance daily without a firearm would be quite problematic,possibly impossible. But that is just me.
    And knowing you as well as I think I do,your common sense will carry you through.

Your president, state and local authorties are responsible for any deaths that occure because you cannot protect yourself.

4. There was a mall shooting in tacoma Washington also. My friend worked at Spencer's at the time and was pretty messed up over it for a while. Just another one of the many reasons to always carry ( not you and your work situation, just in general )

Your president, state and local authorties are responsible for any deaths that occur because you cannot protect yourself.

I can't gear-down any further w/o leaving my pistol at home. It's the only thing I carry with regards to self-defense.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:226668
    I can't gear-down any further w/o leaving my pistol at home. It's the only thing I carry with regards to self-defense.
    Same with me. Only carry a flashlight on me when I know I'll be out at night. Other wise it stays at home or in the car. Same with a multi tool. I do however have this on my keychain, as it is more applicable for my needs. http://www.chiefsupply.com/4311-Task-Force-Tips-Res-Q-Me-Tool.aspx

Gun, mags, knife, keys, wallet.
    No light unless I am out at night. I keep a high lumens flash light in each car. Toss it in my pocket if I am out at night. My key chain has a screwdriver on it.
    But I NEVER leave home without my knife. There are just too many uses for it. I don't carry a small pocket knife any more. I carry a CRKT. It is a little bigger than my old Buck Muskrat. I can't carry a weapon with my at work either. Funny though, nobody thinks about what I can do with a knife.

Psalm 82:3-5

Cool Rygar Carry

1- Diskarmor (Works even better after a "Power-up")
    2- Grappling Hook
    3- Zip Line pulley
    4- Crossbow
    5- Shield
    6- Healing Potion
    7- Suit of Armor
    8- Bag pipes

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    1- Diskarmor (Works even better after a "Power-up")
    2- Grappling Hook
    3- Zip Line pulley
    4- Crossbow
    5- Shield
    6- Healing Potion
    7- Suit of Armor
    8- Bag pipes
    Even though you're poking fun at some people that I like on this site (quite a few, actually), I can't stop laughing. I'm literally wiping my eyes in between keystrokes!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Did you catch the part where I'm not allowed to carry a gun at work?
    So? You will find a good number of us out here, by the millions, ignore signs that dictate a managers feeling, or the direction of a law that forbids us to be more able to defend ourselves. In my kids school, at the post office, church, bank, court house (before they installed metal detectors) I may or may not have carried. "May or may not have", as this is a public forum ya know... Anyway, I read your post including the part about "not being allowed", and I say to that: tough titties, I'd carry anyway and I do. After all, if you consider the idea that one trains to draw only when one's life is threatened then nobody will ever know. If people around you do end up knowing you carried in a non-carry area then at least you WILL BE ALIVE to be prosecuted. I'll take a large latte and a 'duh' to go.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast